Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the Reds (2nd Half, Week 7, Part 2)

Featured Replies

  • Replies 1k
  • Views 80.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I would've hit Bruce second hoping that he'd get more fastballs in front of Votto, but with Phillips out of the lineup that's about as good as you're going to do.

  • Author

Only question I have is why not Heisey in RF leading off with the Cubs throwing a lefty. Phillips is obviously not ready, and I'm looking forward to seeing Valaika get 4 AB or so

Only question I have is why not Heisey in RF leading off with the Cubs throwing a lefty. Phillips is obviously not ready, and I'm looking forward to seeing Valaika get 4 AB or so.

 

Have you not seen Heisey lately? He couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat...2-29 with 2 RBI since the Pittsburgh series.

Not a bad lineup other than the leadoff position. Rather have Heisey in LF leading off and Bruce in RF hitting 5th.

Bruce also is hitting .286 with a HR off Gorzelanny in his career.

Have you not seen Heisey lately? He couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat...2-29 with 2 RBI since the Pittsburgh series.

 

Neither can Gomes. Except Gomes's case is he hasn't been able to hit most of this season excluding about 7 weeks.

Only question I have is why not Heisey in RF leading off with the Cubs throwing a lefty. Phillips is obviously not ready, and I'm looking forward to seeing Valaika get 4 AB or so

 

Agreed.

Neither can Gomes. Except except Gomes's case is he hasn't been able to hit most of this season excluding about 7 weeks.

 

As bad as Gomes has been, Heisey's been worse lately...I thought you all were all about giving them the best chance to win...

Come on Big Snack, I ask who's playing 2nd, you tell me Phillips. Where's your source? Sorry, just sorry!

Gomes's sample size has been basically all season. We see what he does which is nothing. You are judging Heisey on less then 30 at bats which is a very very very small sample size IMO. Still think he deserves a shot at lead off tonight and start in LF. That's all I'm trying to say.

Gomes should play against lefties ... it's the normal people that give him trouble.

  • Author
Bruce also is hitting .286 with a HR off Gorzelanny in his career.

 

That would answer my question. That wasn't so hard was it?

  • Author
Come on Big Snack, I ask who's playing 2nd, you tell me Phillips. Where's your source? Sorry, just sorry!

Go back and read the post after those.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.