Dixie/NCC Predictions

uk#1fan

Who wins?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Last year NewCath went into Dixie w/ a Sophomore QB who had played RB the year before. In his first regular season game as a QB, let alone as a Sophomore starting his first varsity game, Hitchew showed that he could run. He had a rough season passing the ball last year, but that is to be understood. This game, and most early season games for NewCath, will hinge on their O-Line and D-Line, and depth. They have the skill players to play with almost anyone in NKY, but they also do not go very deep. If the O-Line can open a few holes, the new wrinkles in NewCath's offense will test Dixie's defensive discipline, which has always been the Colonels achilles' heel.

I know that it is a new season, but Dixie only won 19-7 last year, and NewCath gave them excellent field position the whole second half, be it from turnovers or poor kicks/coverage. Dixie should have put the hammer down last year and didn't/couldn't. I love how people are overlooking the 'Breds. 24-14 NewCath.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Conditioning will be of great concern for the Breds. Looks like it's going to be hot so the deaper team has the advantage. NCC might need to be up a couple scores going into the 4th to win this one.

Great point about the heat. Of course, Dixie isn't exactly reknown for being a 4 quarter team early in the year.

Interesting ... the poll currently stands in favor of NCC 22-13. Considering Dixie won last year, the highly recruited Pike is at QB and NCC has a new coach - I expected the poll to favor Dixie.

Hey VOR there are some knowledgeable posters on this site. Me excluded of course!:D