Newport vs East Carter...

jughead

East lack of experience isn't an excuse this bunch have been in the playoffs every year since Damron took over granted they have only one playoff win . I know this bunch of kids wellsince they played jfl and they are a special bunch of young men so I'll say it for them no excuses if they get beat then the other team is better but don't believe they will be intimidated by the whole playoff thing.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I'm Newport, this game scares the heck out of me because of East Carter's speed. Newport playing at home and EC's lack of playoff experience make Newport a 34-25 winner, but an East Carter win here would not surprise me at all.

What about Newport's speed?

Look for The Wildcats to really open the Offense up, with the speedster James Glenn back and the way this Wilfong youngman is playing, thats going to be a pretty good 1-2 punch. Not to mention the number 1 throwing Q.B. in N.KY. J.J. Hesch. These boys are winners, the game should really be a thriller, N-38 EC-20 (Good Luck Both Teams!!!)

Article from the Ashland Daily Independent:

East on a streak of good fortune

East Carter's football program has already enjoyed a memorable week and its showdown with District 5 champion Newport is still a day away.

For starters, the Raiders were awarded the Eastern Kentucky Conference championship trophy at the annual banquet Tuesday. At that same meeting, coach Donald Damron was also named the conference coach of the year.

However, Damron hopes the team's good fortune does not end when it takes the field Friday night at Newport Stadium. A victory would give the Raiders a berth in the regional championship game for the first time since 1983.

Kentucky Post article: Last game featured.

East Carter at Newport

East Carter at Newport

East Carter exploited a weak Lloyd rushing defense last week, beating the Juggernauts, 42-22, but Newport's front line should be able to slow down East Carter's potent running game.

Newport's defense has posted identical numbers against the run and the pass, surrendering 131 yards per game against both.

I can't say they won't but if Newport scores 40 on East I'll be shocked, East pass d has really picked up the nack of the way to defend the pass and hope this team isn't that great at passing, if the Newport d is as strong as said by some how did they give up so many points against Lloyd. cause to be honest East could have kept Lloyd from scoring at least one of the 3 td's scored on them as one was against jv and freshman d from East so is their d that tough or has their oponets been that weak, not being smart just curious and b the way East has a very capable passing game but why use it when your running over people so now I 'd say East o and d line haven't been given enough credit they aren't huge but are very fast as lineman go,anyhow good luck to both with no injuries for either team, the Raiders will be rolling in with plenty of support the school has shown great support with at least 2 bus loads of students not counting the community look for a convoy to roll into Newport.