New Uniforms/Helmets

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cov Cath's new away jersey. I believe the home jerseys will be the exact opposite. The big change though, the word "COLONELS" has been removed from the back across the shoulders. ...that was always something I liked.

[ATTACH]32289[/ATTACH]

I read that they are keeping the traditional "COLONELS" on the back.

From Ryan Ernst's blog:

One of the area’s most iconic uniform features will remain, despite what I posted last week.

Covington Catholic’s new football jerseys, made by Nike, will have the word Colonels across the back, above the numbers. I saw a new CovCath jersey last week, shortly after they arrived from the manufacturer. Coaches were in the process of selecting a size and font for the letters on the back.

Apparently, the traditional uniform trademark won’t be going anywhere anytime soon.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/preps/author/rernst/page/2/

From Ryan Ernst's blog:

One of the area’s most iconic uniform features will remain, despite what I posted last week.

Covington Catholic’s new football jerseys, made by Nike, will have the word Colonels across the back, above the numbers. I saw a new CovCath jersey last week, shortly after they arrived from the manufacturer. Coaches were in the process of selecting a size and font for the letters on the back.

Apparently, the traditional uniform trademark won’t be going anywhere anytime soon.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/preps/author/rernst/page/2/

Thanks Clyde...glad to hear it. That was always a detail I've always been fond of. No individual names across players' backs...they're all "Colonels".

I really like that Fort Campbell helmet. You mentioned it being throwback; what years did the Falcons were those?

To be honest.....I don't really think it is a throwback. I think they used to wear a larger FC with no oval circle around it. I was told that this year they were gonna go with a throwback decal, but I think that I was fibbed to.......only because the person telling me doesn't really know.

Later.

To be honest.....I don't really think it is a throwback. I think they used to wear a larger FC with no oval circle around it. I was told that this year they were gonna go with a throwback decal, but I think that I was fibbed to.......only because the person telling me doesn't really know.

Later.

Either way, those are really sharp. I always liked the old oval logo Fort Campbell has used in the past. So much of watching Fort Campbell over the last few years (even down to the uniforms) has reminded me of the great Danville teams in this area back in the 1980s and 90s. It's been a joy to watch your team.