What's your favorite KISS tune?

Jim Schue

I picked up a nice copy of "Hotter Than Hell" earlier today whilst visiting the Danville boys, and it got me to pondering this question.

After much thought, and what I think will be a spin of the band's debut album, I have decided my favorite KISS tune has almost always been:

"Rock Bottom" off of "Dressed To Kill," and they also do a great concert version of it. It just blows me away every time. :ylsuper:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rock and Roll All Night because it brings back some great high school memories even though KISS was out when I was young. On a side note my older sister had/has some pretty sweet KISS records. She saw them the last time they were in concert and loved it.

I have seen them over 10x's in concert and was at the 96 reunion show at old Tiger Stadium in Detroit when the origional members first got back together and opened the tour in Detroit. They are the most influential rock band in the last 30 years. My favorite live songs are "watching you" and "Detroit Rock City". Untill you see 40,000 people in Detroit,Michigan sing every word to "Detroit Rock City" you can not appreciate a KISS show. I have seen it three times and it is unexplainable.

Great idea Jim. I have seen them numerous times, most of them in the late 70's and early 80's.

Hard to pick just one but here goes my top 10 (which is subject to change):

1. Detroit Rock City

2. Rock Bottom

3. Strutter

4. I love it loud

5. 2000 Man (I know it's a Stone's tune, but I love their cover)

6. Love Gun

7. God of Thunder

8. Firehouse

9. I (from the Elder)

10. 100,000 Years

I have seen them over 10x's in concert and was at the 96 reunion show at old Tiger Stadium in Detroit when the origional members first got back together and opened the tour in Detroit. They are the most influential rock band in the last 30 years. My favorite live songs are "watching you" and "Detroit Rock City". Untill you see 40,000 people in Detroit,Michigan sing every word to "Detroit Rock City" you can not appreciate a KISS show. I have seen it three times and it is unexplainable.

I was watching 'Kissteria' last night on A&E. I was surprised to see the crowd in Australia singing every word to 'Shandi', a slow song off the 'Unmasked' album. Paul was doing an acoustic version and the crowd was singing every word. It is amazing that a band can still go sell out arenas 35 years+ after they started playing. Then again, I saw them when I was a kid, and many times after up until I took my wife to see them on the Reunion tour with the original members in 1997.

Propably one of the most underrated songs is "King of the night time world". The destroyer album is perfect in how it goes into this song after Detroit Rock City. The whole sequence of the two on this album is brilliant. It reminds me of how you always here "we are the champions" after "we will rock you" by queen.