Jonathan Ferguson Commits to Alderson-Broaddus College

PurplePride92

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations! I know I have been very critical, but I am very glad to see him sign at AB. I have actually seen AB play 6 or 7 times in the last 3 years. They have an excellent coach in Zimmerman and are typically in the top 3 in their conference. They play very good defense, are well prepared and are somewhat deliberate on offense. They have been in the top 25 in D2 a few times in recent years and usually have a pretty athletic team. AB plays in the WVIAC, whose conference finals are in Charleston, WV (so not a far drive for many). It is a very neat, first class tournament. Best game I EVER saw was the WVIAC conference championship last year. Best of luck!

Link to team site:

http://ab.edu/athletics/mens_basketball

Congrats on finding a place to play! But from top to bottom, the WVIAC is not that good of a conference. Some of the worst basketball teams I've seen have some from the WVIAC. For almost every sport in the conference, its pretty much a joke to the rest of the D2 world...teams actually look forward to playing a team cause they know they've not been battle tested cause its a weak conference...they also play in a fairly strong region with the CIAA and the PSAC...if the WVIAC gets more than the automatic berth into the regional tournament, then its been a great season.

Congrats on finding a place to play! But from top to bottom, the WVIAC is not that good of a conference. Some of the worst basketball teams I've seen have some from the WVIAC. For almost every sport in the conference, its pretty much a joke to the rest of the D2 world...teams actually look forward to playing a team cause they know they've not been battle tested cause its a weak conference...they also play in a fairly strong region with the CIAA and the PSAC...if the WVIAC gets more than the automatic berth into the regional tournament, then its been a great season.

Congrats on finding a school. Hopefully they can find a scholarship for him down the road and he has a solid career there.

Are you saying he doesn't have a scholarship and is simply a walk-on?

From what was said, yes. They don't have any rides left. Hopefully he does get one, but at least he found a school willing to take him on after searching.

Edited by passtheball

From what was said, yes. They don't have any rides left.

Wow. That is surprising considering all the talk on BGP about all of his options for full rides (including D1 schools). He winds up signing with something called Alderson-Broaddus College and is simply a walk-on?

Congratulations to Jonathan. I hope he has a terrific career. Most importantly, I hope he gets a quality education and this is a springboard for him to a wonderful career and life after basketball.

This whole scenario would be a great case study in parents who lost their marbles on a message board and caused more grief for their child than aid. The Jordanian type hype machine did nothing more than make it impossible for the young man to measure up to the line that had been elevated by his father and surrounding cronies.

Once again, good luck young man. Thanks for the 16th region memories. Here's hoping you make many more!

Congratulations to Jonathan. I hope he has a terrific career. Most importantly, I hope he gets a quality education and this is a springboard for him to a wonderful career and life after basketball.

This whole scenario would be a great case study in parents who lost their marbles on a message board and caused more grief for their child than aid. The Jordanian type hype machine did nothing more than make it impossible for the young man to measure up to the line that had been elevated by his father and surrounding cronies.

Once again, good luck young man. Thanks for the 16th region memories. Here's hoping you make many more!

Great post! This applies to a lot of threads on here started by parents usually posted as if they aren't the parent, which is more than some people realize, and does make it difficult on the kids because then people give honest opinions and people think they are hating on the kids when that is not the case.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't West Liberty State College also in the WVIAC; in fact are the defending conference champions? If so, that would pit Jonathan against former NKY standout guard Corey Pelle of Silver Grove; who was first team all-conference last year if I'm not mistaken? Good luck to the young man, and great to see this saga finally come to an end!!!