Jonathan Ferguson Commits to Alderson-Broaddus College

PurplePride92

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what was said, yes. They don't have any rides left. Hopefully he does get one, but at least he found a school willing to take him on after searching.

There was no one any where mentioned that Ferg was a walk on. You are telling a lie and trying to downgrade him as you always have.

Congrats on finding a place to play! But from top to bottom, the WVIAC is not that good of a conference. Some of the worst basketball teams I've seen have some from the WVIAC. For almost every sport in the conference, its pretty much a joke to the rest of the D2 world...teams actually look forward to playing a team cause they know they've not been battle tested cause its a weak conference...they also play in a fairly strong region with the CIAA and the PSAC...if the WVIAC gets more than the automatic berth into the regional tournament, then its been a great season.

The WVIAC actually had 4 teams in the D 2 tourney last year. They are not the GLVC, but I would say 4 teams in the tourney is a good showing. West Liberty has been in the top 10 at some point of the season in each of the last 3 years and lost to the eventual runner up (Indiana PA) in the round of 16. For another topic, but guess we will get a better feel come Dec 11th when NKU plays at West Liberty.

AB is a consistent 25 game winner and has had multiple All Region players.

Congratulations to Jonathan. I hope he has a terrific career. Most importantly, I hope he gets a quality education and this is a springboard for him to a wonderful career and life after basketball.

This whole scenario would be a great case study in parents who lost their marbles on a message board and caused more grief for their child than aid. The Jordanian type hype machine did nothing more than make it impossible for the young man to measure up to the line that had been elevated by his father and surrounding cronies.

Once again, good luck young man. Thanks for the 16th region memories. Here's hoping you make many more!

You are assuming a lie! The only input his father has had on this and the other Ferg thread was giving me the info of when he gained offers and where which I did not disclose at his request.

The WVIAC actually had 4 teams in the D 2 tourney last year. They are not the GLVC, but I would say 4 teams in the tourney is a good showing. West Liberty has been in the top 10 at some point of the season in each of the last 3 years and lost to the eventual runner up (Indiana PA) in the round of 16. For another topic, but guess we will get a better feel come Dec 11th when NKU plays at West Liberty.

AB is a consistent 25 game winner and has had multiple All Region players.

I never said that AB and West Liberty weren't good basketball schools....just saying the conference overall is very weak in not just basketball, but every other sport except maybe football. And as far as the WVIAC getting four teams in the regional last year, all I can say is that the CIAA has been the worst its been in ages and PSAC was down as well. Its one of those regions a lot of schools wish they were in cause they'd stand a better chance of making it to nationals if they were.

As far as the young man in question though, I wish nothing but the best for Ferg as he embarks on his journey. Its awesome he got a full ride and won't have to worry about paying for school like some of us...lol.

You are assuming a lie! The only input his father has had on this and the other Ferg thread was giving me the info of when he gained offers and where which I did not disclose at his request.

If you think that the thread before this one is the only thread I'm talking about you're mistaken. What good has it dine that there has been a spitting contest of the parents of Jenkins and Ferguson? What good has it done that Dale is bitter over last years Elliott team and even Timmy Knipp's success? What good has it done that it was made plain that it seemed "unfair" that Ethan Faulkner got to be the face of that Elliott team?

The answer is it did no good at all. Just happy that the young man got a chance to play the game he loves and gets his education paid for. All the garbage leading up to now has lessened the accomplishment plain and simple.

I hope it can all be gone and we can discuss his on the court successes from now going forward without all the junk! Or maybe that's too much to ask.

If you think that the thread before this one is the only thread I'm talking about you're mistaken. What good has it dine that there has been a spitting contest of the parents of Jenkins and Ferguson? What good has it done that Dale is bitter over last years Elliott team and even Timmy Knipp's success? What good has it done that it was made plain that it seemed "unfair" that Ethan Faulkner got to be the face of that Elliott team?

The answer is it did no good at all. Just happy that the young man got a chance to play the game he loves and gets his education paid for. All the garbage leading up to now has lessened the accomplishment plain and simple.

I hope it can all be gone and we can discuss his on the court successes from now going forward without all the junk! Or maybe that's too much to ask.

What in the world are you talking about? What has Jenkins got to do with this thread. And why would you be bringing up another thread to mix with this one? My quote that you responded to was about... it is an assumption that his father had any input on the two threads about Ferg on this forum other than supplying me with information. There was no hype to it at all. He had several offer's, he chose one and that is that!

Here's a little insight into Ferguson's lengthy ordeal:

He originally chose Northern Kentucky but various things didn't work out and he ended up looking elsewhere.

As things played out, he had offers and/or interest from many schools (I'll probably forget one or two) including: Duquesne (D1), Kentucky Wesleyan, Bellarmine, Delta State, Alderson-Broaddus, Urbana, Brevard, West Virginia State, West Virginia Tech, Alice Lloyd College, Bethel, Ohio Dominican, Pikeville College, Graceland University, Shawnee State, Chadron State, University of Sioux Falls, Nebraska at Omaha, Missouri Baptist, Auburn Montgomery, Purdue University Calumet and Notre Dame College (OH)

He ended up with five full ride offers from that list and one 80% offer.

He visited and/or worked out at Bellarmine, Alice Lloyd, Northern Kentucky, West Virginia State and Alderson-Broaddus.

He was scheduled to visit Brevard, Kentucky Wesleyan, Delta State and Urbana in the next week.

After going to A-B yesterday evening, he fell in love with the basketball program, the college, the surrounding area and the coach. When all was said and done he committed on the spot.

I apologize for not reporting all the details earlier, but I am friends with many of the coaches and didn't want to show any favortism or do any damage during the process. Obviously this was a very tough decision as it's where the kid will be spending the next four years of his life.

Best wishes to Jon and it's always a blessing to see a KY kid go to school for free...

He originally chose Northern Kentucky but various things didn't work out and he ended up looking elsewhere.

As things played out, he had offers and/or interest from many schools (I'll probably forget one or two) including: Duquesne (D1), Kentucky Wesleyan, Bellarmine, Delta State, Alderson-Broaddus, Urbana, Brevard, West Virginia State, West Virginia Tech, Alice Lloyd College, Bethel, Ohio Dominican, Pikeville College, Graceland University, Shawnee State, Chadron State, University of Sioux Falls, Nebraska at Omaha, Missouri Baptist, Auburn Montgomery, Purdue University Calumet and Notre Dame College (OH)

He visited and/or worked out at Bellarmine, Alice Lloyd, Northern Kentucky, West Virginia State and Alderson-Broaddus.

He was scheduled to visit Brevard, Kentucky Wesleyan, Delta State and Urbana in the next week.

After going to A-B yesterday evening, he fell in love with the basketball program, the college, the surrounding area and the coach. When all was said and done he committed on the spot.

I apologize for not reporting all the details earlier, but I am friends with many of the coaches and didn't want to show any favortism or do any damage during the process. Obviously this was a very tough decision as it's where the kid will be spending the next four years of his life.

Best wishes to Jon and it's always a blessing to see a KY kid go to school for free...

I'm not familiar with this school. Where is it, how big is it?

Regarding the bolded, that would have kept at least one site hopping.

Congratulations to the young man. Nice to see him moving on to the next level; and maybe - just maybe - we can put all this goofy stuff behind us.

What are you saying statmanhensley in post 4 you said that from top to bottom, the WVIAC is not that good of a conference. Some of the worst basketball teams I've seen come from the WVIAC. then this post you say that you never said that AB and West Liberty werent good basketball schools, I do not think anyone is saying that the WVIAC is one of the top conferences in the country and I do not think that all 4 WVIAC teams got an automatic bid also stated in post 4. Congratulations to Jonathan Ferguson you are going to a very good basketball school reguardless of what Mr statmanhensley said.

What are you saying statmanhensley in post 4 you said that from top to bottom, the WVIAC is not that good of a conference. Some of the worst basketball teams I've seen come from the WVIAC. then this post you say that you never said that AB and West Liberty werent good basketball schools, I do not think anyone is saying that the WVIAC is one of the top conferences in the country and I do not think that all 4 WVIAC teams got an automatic bid also stated in post 4. Congratulations to Jonathan Ferguson you are going to a very good basketball school reguardless of what Mr statmanhensley said.

What I meant by post 4 was that one the whole the conference was pretty bad, but that there were some somewhat decent teams in it. I also never said that the top four got in via automatic berths. Everyone in the D2 community knows that region is the weakest and has been for a few years. The PSAC is usually a good conference but they were way down...the CIAA has been down since the late 90s but with Virginia Union in there, they'll always have a chance to win the region and the WVIAC is a bad conference overall. I think this is another occasion of someone reading too much into what was said.

THE most important thing is that this circus is finally over and Jonathan can finally focus on his game and his studies. As I have said before, I wish him nothing but the best and hopes he has a great career for the Battlers.