Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

TMZ Reporting NCAA Investigation in UK

Featured Replies

  • Replies 97
  • Views 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would certainly believe there could be an investigation if I read it on ESPN rather than TMZ.

I would certainly believe there could be an investigation if I read it on ESPN rather than TMZ.

 

Actually I disagree with that unfortunately. Name me one thing TMZ has been wrong about? They are usually the first to break everything and rarely if ever wrong.

Actually I disagree with that unfortunately. Name me one thing TMZ has been wrong about? They are usually the first to break everything and rarely if ever wrong.

 

In all honesty I do not follow them too much as to my knowledge they are more of a celebrity/paparazzi type thing. So, since I could care less about Paris Hilton and Britney Spears and all that I have never even clicked on their site. So, I did not give them any credibility on Sports news. So, how many sports stories ahev they broke first that they were right on?

In all honesty I do not follow them too much as to my knowledge they are more of a celebrity/paparazzi type thing. So, since I could care less about Paris Hilton and Britney Spears and all that I have never even clicked on their site. So, I did not give them any credibility on Sports news. So, how many sports stories ahev they broke first that they were right on?

 

My wife loves the site, so I started (sadly) hopping on there as well. About the time of the Tiger scandal they devoted an entire section to their "sports" department and they were one of the firsts to name Tiger and his first mistress - before the accident, Big Ben, Vick, etc. I'd say there is a lot of fact to what they are reporting today. Fact that an investigation is going on that is...I read it and it doesn't say anything wrong happened, just that it is investigated. My big question is who are the 2 current players.

In all honesty I do not follow them too much as to my knowledge they are more of a celebrity/paparazzi type thing. So, since I could care less about Paris Hilton and Britney Spears and all that I have never even clicked on their site. So, I did not give them any credibility on Sports news. So, how many sports stories ahev they broke first that they were right on?

 

The whole Tiny Gallon/OU story was first reported by TMZ. It's a legit source.

I have to think that one of the former players is Cousins. You know how he signed with this no-name guy out of left field? Yeah, probably wasn't out of left field.

As for current players, you have to think one of them is Kanter, and maybe the other is Lamb?

As for current players, you have to think one of them is Kanter, and maybe the other is Lamb?

 

Or Terrance Jones.

I'm thinking Wall, Cousins and Kanter. Unsure about the 4th one.

 

 

If there is proof of wrong doing what happens with Cal? This would make the 3rd school something shady has gone down.

I'm thinking Wall, Cousins and Kanter. Unsure about the 4th one.

 

 

If there is proof of wrong doing what happens with Cal? This would make the 3rd school something shady has gone down.

 

REALLY hope its not true, but I dont' think Cal could distance himself from this. 2 players over his entire career can easily be dismissed, but 4 players in 2 years?

My wife loves the site, so I started (sadly) hopping on there as well. About the time of the Tiger scandal they devoted an entire section to their "sports" department and they were one of the firsts to name Tiger and his first mistress - before the accident, Big Ben, Vick, etc. I'd say there is a lot of fact to what they are reporting today. Fact that an investigation is going on that is...I read it and it doesn't say anything wrong happened, just that it is investigated. My big question is who are the 2 current players.

 

The whole Tiny Gallon/OU story was first reported by TMZ. It's a legit source.

 

 

Wow I was not aware they had any resources on the sports side. Seemed like the only time I heard of them was when there was something going on in the Celebrity world. Thanks!

  • Author

Seems to me that all of these top players are surrounded by "piranhas". It's like a feeding frenzy. The coaches are in tremendous competition to sign these top players, and the agents are in a cut throat business to also sign these top players. It's a horrible formula that leads to breaking the rules. Not sure what can be done to stop it. I think the kid from Duke (Maggette) was also involved with an agent, but no penalties were ever leveled against Duke or Coack K. Hopefully, UK will get the same treatment that Duke received if this investigation proves to have any merit.

 

Do coaches always have knowledge of agent relationships with players? I don't think they do. Just my opinion.

Cal shouldn't be on the hook for the two current players (assuming they're freshmen) as long as he doesn't play them.

Seems to me that all of these top players are surrounded by "piranhas". It's like a feeding frenzy. The coaches are in tremendous competition to sign these top players, and the agents are in a cut throat business to also sign these top players. It's a horrible formula that leads to breaking the rules. Not sure what can be done to stop it. I think the kid from Duke (Maggette) was also involved with an agent, but no penalties were ever leveled against Duke or Coack K. Hopefully, UK will get the same treatment that Duke received if this investigation proves to have any merit.

 

Do coaches always have knowledge of agent relationships with players? I don't think they do. Just my opinion.

 

I think all of the coaches know exactly what is going on with these kids. As much money that's poured into these programs for the coaches to not know is a disservice to their employer. Not to mention, WWW, is allegedly one of the most powerful men in all of basketball. No way he doesn't know who these kids are talking to. If the investigation turns up proof I don't see how Cal can get away with saying "I didn't know". Like you said, hopefully if any evidence of wrong doing shows up I hope you get the Duke treatment but Cal has to be held accountable at some point. This would be school number 3.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.