Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

TMZ Reporting NCAA Investigation in UK

Featured Replies

With current identity theft up, do you think a bank just gives out the info to a college coach?

:thumb:

 

While you forfeit a lot of rights when you sign on the dotted line, there are still some privacy issues at hand here.

  • Replies 97
  • Views 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I could be. You may be right. I am coming from the perspective I would take. Anything that comes across my radar I am investigating. I think a lot of these incidents that we find out about later come across the radar a long time before the incident is investigated. I think coaches are turning a blind eye when something fishy comes across the radar. I wouldn't. Pete Carroll is the perfect example.

Playing devil's advocate here. Let us say the coaches are aware of the shady dealings of top level recruits. In my opinion, I believe the improper conduct goes well beyond O.J. Mayo, Reggie Bush, Derrick Rose, and the other handful of schools that get caught. They were just sloppy in how they handled their respective situations. I believe it extends on down to the mid-major level. None-the-less, should all these coaches just say no to recruits? Do the kids simply just not play in college and head straight to Europe or the NBDL? The NCAA does not want that. They want to have their cake and eat it too. I believe the system is so flawed that college basketball would virtually cease to exist if only the kids without a shady dealing make the cut.

In the end, we have to find a way to hold the players who are committing the infractions responsible even after they have left the university. I doubt there is a way to make that happen, but it's the only solution in my opinion.

 

Otherwise, the top recruits who are simply putting in 1 year and using the college game as a stepping stone, are going to keep failing classes, talking to agents and accepting gifts from anyone who's willing to give.

In the end, we have to find a way to hold the players who are committing the infractions responsible even after they have left the university. I doubt there is a way to make that happen, but it's the only solution in my opinion.

 

Otherwise, the top recruits who are simply putting in 1 year and using the college game as a stepping stone, are going to keep failing classes, talking to agents and accepting gifts from anyone who's willing to give.

I concur. I have no idea how to enforce this though.

I concur. I have no idea how to enforce this though.

 

A scholarship/financial agreement is a contract. Just include penalties in the contract. e.g. "If student/athlete is a participant in any activity that violates NCAA rules and leads to financial sanctions against the school, the student athlete is responsible for paying the penalties."

A scholarship/financial agreement is a contract. Just include penalties in the contract. e.g. "If student/athlete is a participant in any activity that violates NCAA rules and leads to financial sanctions against the school, the student athlete is responsible for paying the penalties."

I mentioned something similar a few weeks ago. Why has this not occurred already though? Many of these violations occur before scholarship papers are signed.

In an article today, a family relative paid for Bledsoe's rent at the apartment...not the high school coach (Ford).

There goes that allegation.

I could be. You may be right. I am coming from the perspective I would take. Anything that comes across my radar I am investigating. I think a lot of these incidents that we find out about later come across the radar a long time before the incident is investigated. I think coaches are turning a blind eye when something fishy comes across the radar. I wouldn't. Pete Carroll is the perfect example.

 

I agree 100%

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.