July 2, 201016 yr Author http://www.wkyt.com/sports/headlines/97637024.html Don't know why but it look like he was let go.
July 2, 201016 yr Why let him go now? If coaching changes were going to be made, they needed to be done MUCH earlier. The season is right around the corner.
July 2, 201016 yr Being reported that Greg Nord will be his replacement... At least his 2nd stint with the Cats. Was he still with the Cards last year?
July 2, 201016 yr I don't know if it's the same coach as the last few years, but if so the special teams unit has cost them at least a couple of games a year the last couple of seasons. That may be why.
July 2, 201016 yr I don't know if it's the same coach as the last few years, but if so the special teams unit has cost them at least a couple of games a year the last couple of seasons. That may be why. It was more Lones Seiber than anybody...
July 2, 201016 yr Joker has to do what he believes is best for the team. Every move he has made in not bringing someone back has been when he already had a replacement ready to step in. I am betting that is the case now and may have just taken longer to find someone that he wanted. Good luck to Coach Ortmayer. He has had a long career, much of which was in the NFL and if he chooses to retire, I hope he enjoys it. He was a part of the rebuilding of the UK football program and I appreciate his efforts.
July 2, 201016 yr Joker has to do what he believes is best for the team. Every move he has made in not bringing someone back has been when he already had a replacement ready to step in. I am betting that is the case now and may have just taken longer to find someone that he wanted. Good luck to Coach Ortmayer. He has had a long career, much of which was in the NFL and if he chooses to retire, I hope he enjoys it. He was a part of the rebuilding of the UK football program and I appreciate his efforts. :thumb:
July 2, 201016 yr What does Nord bring to the table for the program? I know Joker has been after coaches with experience who can recruit the higher players UK is after.
July 2, 201016 yr Being reported that Greg Nord will be his replacement... As usual, you are hot on the trail, "Gametime". Greg Nord is a former UK player, Graduate Assistant, and Assistant Coach. Oh, and also a former Louisville Cardinal assistant. This would be a sensible hire by Coach Phillips.
July 2, 201016 yr What does Nord bring to the table for the program? I know Joker has been after coaches with experience who can recruit the higher players UK is after. Another good recruiter.
July 3, 201016 yr Why let him go now? If coaching changes were going to be made, they needed to be done MUCH earlier. The season is right around the corner. Your exactly right.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.