Zambrano on his way out of Chicago?

Just another instance of Zambrano being a brat. He starts a tirade in the dugout after giving up 4 runs in the 1st inning. Derek Lee starts saying something to Zambrano, looked like he was telling him to shut up, then Zambrano starts letting into Lee.

After the game sweet Lou says Zambrano was upset that "some" players weren't diving after balls. Lou took up for his defense and said those balls were hit pretty hard, then proceeded to say that Zambrano's reaction was uncalled for and that he'd speak to the GM to see what would be done.

As of right now he is suspended indefinitely, but I look for him to be traded.

*There was speculation Zambrano was mad that Lee didn't make the play on Juan Pierre's leadoff double down the right-field line. But Piniella said Lee was pinching in anticipating a bunt, and Pierre said there was no way Lee could have made the play.

"No, because he's in for the bunt and I hit it right down the line," Pierre said. "Due to the fact he was playing in for the bunt, it limits your range from side to side.

"Derrek Lee is a Gold Glover. If he can't get to the ball, then it was a hit."

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have disliked him since the beginning. Of course I am very anti-Cubs. Still, moment I knew I disliked Zambrano as a player was when the Cubs v. Cardinals were playing about 7 years ago or so and I think there had been some words and a hit batsman or two already in the game and the Cardinals were starting to run away with the game. Jim Edmonds steps up to the plate to face Zambrano and without hesitation, Zambrano winds up and beans Edmonds in the hip. What got me was that Zambrano made no effort to mask the incident. He went into the wind up, threw the ball, and without breaking stride walked right towards the dugout after throwing the pitch since he knew he was about to be ejected. Classic Zambrano.

He needs to be tested for steroids after that temper and even if he is clean boot him out of the leage anyway. He is ridiculous. One of my least favorite players, if not the least favorite player in the league. There is no good reason for his actions and he has shown this temper before. Has he ever been mandated by the Cubs or MLB to go to anger management?? I sure hope so.

He needs to be tested for steroids after that temper and even if he is clean boot him out of the leage anyway. He is ridiculous. One of my least favorite players, if not the least favorite player in the league. There is no good reason for his actions and he has shown this temper before. Has he ever been mandated by the Cubs or MLB to go to anger management?? I sure hope so.

I really think there is something wrong with the guy mentally. He and Milton Bradley are about two of a kind. How they coexisted for as long as they did is beyond me.

Boot him out of the league for what? That's ridiculous. He's crazy and has a bad temper, but if that were the criteria for guys being booted, there would be a whole heck of a lot less players in professional sports.

Boot him out of the league for what? That's ridiculous. He's crazy and has a bad temper, but if that were the criteria for guys being booted, there would be a whole heck of a lot less players in professional sports.

Go into work and act the way he did to one of your co-workers. Then let me know if you still have a job.

I'll be ready to see if you still have a job.

That is my point. Why should some guy be held to different standards then everyone else. He should not be allowed to act that way. I know if I acted that way at my place of work that I would be cleaning out my cubicle right now.