Harrison County 2 Louisville Butler 1

Congratulations to Coach Whitaker and the Harrison County Thorobreds.

This state championship was orchestrated from Day One with the trip to Vegas playing the top teams in the country until now when they take home the heavy hardware for the fourth time.

The best laid plans don't always work out, but it all comes to fruition today.

We're proud of our 10th Region reps!!!!!

Way to go Breds! So happy for Coach Whitaker, his staff and the players. There is not a team in the state that works any harder than HC and it paid off in a huge way tonight!

Now the question becomes, does Coach Whitaker hang it up or does he come back for more? Something tells me he will be back for more....

Congratulations to the Thorobreds and Coach Whitaker! Hats off to Louisville Butler for playing their hearts out and taking it right down to the final out. I have seen 3 of Harrison County's State Championship Games and this was the most exciting of the 3. Butler Bears keep your heads up, you have nothing to be ashamed of. Harrison County Thorobreds, your hard work paid off and I am so proud to be a part of the Harrison County Baseball Family. Harrison County Baseball "A MATTER OF PRIDE".

Harrison County is king of Kentucky high school baseball again.

The Thorobreds won their fourth championship by holding off Louisville Butler 2-1 in the finals of the Forcht Bank/KHSAA State Tournament Saturday night.

An Applebee's Park crowd of 4,932 — the majority of them Harrison County fans — watched a classic title game that was in doubt until the last pitch.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/06/20/1314896/harrison-county-wins-fourth-state.html#ixzz0rP0RakZr