Rand Paul's ideas crash into reality

nWo

No, it's not.

I disagree. It is mostly an Obama-bashing forum now, mostly authored by one or two people. Where are the spirited and fiery debates on abortion, homosexuality, evolution, Presidential history, environmental issues, etc... ? A couple or three of us said goodbye to P&R and it hasn't been the same. I may heat the forum up again one day. The forum has lost its imagination, energy, and passion. We'll see... We'll see.

Edited by the mathemagician

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree. It is mostly an Obama-bashing forum now, mostly authored by one or two people. Where are the spirited and fiery debates on abortion, homosexuality, evolution, Presidential history, environmental issues, etc... ? A couple or three of us said goodbye to P&R and it hasn't been the same. I may heat the forum up again one day. The forum has lost its imagination, energy, and passion. We'll see... We'll see.

All sad but true.

What did I say that's not accurate?

The last thing we need is another rubber stamp for Obamunism and that's exactly what Conway will be.

Never said a word about anything you said wasn't accurate. Just joking, Doc.

But, if anyone who supports Obama had said the same thing you said they would have been tared and feather by some on here.

Since I'm sure this is partly directed toward me, I'll play along.

1) Start threads about those issues you miss so much.

2) Seems to me the problem is really you don't like Obama getting the same treatment Bush got.

In my mind Rand Paul and his "offbeat" notions have much less potential to harm us if he becomes a Senator then do what unabashed liberal Jack Conway could do as a Senator in the majority party. While I would have preferred Trey Grayson, Rand Paul will get my vote in November. In the meantime I'll watch the democratically controlled Courier Journal do everything it can to deliver the election to Conway.

I can see the Rand Paul ad now. Patriotic music, a flag draped stage and Rand Paul steps to the microphone. "You have nothing to fear from electing me! I am so far out there that I have zero chance of ever doing anything. I'll hold the office, cash the paycheck and provide the pundits with plenty of goofy stuff to talk about, but I promise I will never burden you good people by getting anything passed." Yeah, I can see why anyone would vote for that. As far as the Courier Journal goes, you are right. The campaign they are waging against Rand Paul has to be one of the most discusting displays of unfair journalism I have ever seen. They keep printing stuff he says. That is REALLY going out of the way to make him look bad.

I can see the Rand Paul ad now. Patriotic music, a flag draped stage and Rand Paul steps to the microphone. "You have nothing to fear from electing me! I am so far out there that I have zero chance of ever doing anything. I'll hold the office, cash the paycheck and provide the pundits with plenty of goofy stuff to talk about, but I promise I will never burden you good people by getting anything passed." Yeah, I can see why anyone would vote for that. As far as the Courier Journal goes, you are right. The campaign they are waging against Rand Paul has to be one of the most discusting displays of unfair journalism I have ever seen. They keep printing stuff he says. That is REALLY going out of the way to make him look bad.

And the sad thing is that there are obviously folks who will march right along for that very reasoning (I use the term loosely).

Frankly, given that All Tell thinks Paul is a loon and is only voting for him for the simple fact that he's not Jack Conway....it's beginning to sway me back to the Conway camp. :lol: I'd rather vote for someone who will do SOMETHING, than someone who'll represent our state as a buffoon. Surely Conway would get something done that I agree with.

And again I ask why did they list the corporation they worked for-no purpose?

Do you contribute to any candidate? And if you do, do you list whom you are employed by. I have never listed that unless I was pressured by the organization to do so-so that they can get a write off or credit.

Federal Election law requires political committees to report the name, mailing address, occupation and name of employer for each individual whose contributions aggregate in excess of $200 in a calendar year. Your contribution will be used in connection with Federal elections and is subject to the limits and prohibitions of the Federal Election Campaign Act.

Source: DNC website. I don't know if the RNC website spells this out or not. I'm afraid if I visited there, my PC would melt down in protest.:D

Go back and check, only the names have changed.

Frankly, given that All Tell thinks Paul is a loon and is only voting for him for the simple fact that he's not Jack Conway....it's beginning to sway me back to the Conway camp. :lol: I'd rather vote for someone who will do SOMETHING, than someone who'll represent our state as a buffoon. Surely Conway would get something done that I agree with.

Wanted to answer your question from earlier about this info concerning Paul and how it affects those who are/were considering voting for him. I'm not sold on the guy, but this isn't a deal-breaker. What appeals to me about Paul is that the Republican establishment did not embrace him in the primary. Given the status of our country right now, I'll give special attention to any candidate on either side of the aisle if his or her party does not initially embrace them. This had a lot to do with me choosing Paul over Grayson back in May.

I'm interested in learning more about Conway, because I haven't been able to find much about him. Would really enjoy seeing the two debate.

Wanted to answer your question from earlier about this info concerning Paul and how it affects those who are/were considering voting for him. I'm not sold on the guy, but this isn't a deal-breaker. What appeals to me about Paul is that the Republican establishment did not embrace him in the primary. Given the status of our country right now, I'll give special attention to any candidate on either side of the aisle if his or her party does not initially embrace them. This had a lot to do with me choosing Paul over Grayson back in May.

I'm interested in learning more about Conway, because I haven't been able to find much about him. Would really enjoy seeing the two debate.

Looks like Candidate Paul has done an about-face.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100622/ap_on_el_se/us_kentucky_senate;_ylt=AqUuGqMO5YuOucmkA43lmKXZa7gF;_ylu=X3oDMTM3ZGVsZXE4BGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTAwNjIyL3VzX2tlbnR1Y2t5X3NlbmF0ZQRjY29kZQNtb3N0cG9wdWxhcgRjcG9zAzQEcG9zAzQEc2VjA3luX3RvcF9zdG9yaWVzBHNsawNyYW5kcGF1bGZsaXA-

I had no idea that the previous post would halt all activity in this thread; that wasn't my intent.

At first blush, it looks like thse that were hanging their hat on the "he's an outsider" premise might have to find another reason to support Candidate Paul. Turns out he may not be as mavericky as some folks hoped.

In today's political environment neither candidate's views, abilities, experience or anything else count. All that matters is the letter behind his name. If you want power consolidated in one party behind Obama, vote Conway. If you want power split and a check on Obama, vote Paul. At least, I think that's how the majority of voters will end up deciding.