Rand Paul's ideas crash into reality

nWo

Rand Paul's ideas crash into reality

But then, we all want it both ways

It's only June, but collisions between reality and the ideals of Republican Senate candidate Rand Paul are lighting up the sky like bottle rockets on the third of July.

There's the time that Paul, an eye doctor, wanted board certification but didn't like the new rules for earning it. So he created his own medical board. He's now certified by the National Board of Ophthalmology of which he's president, his wife is vice president and his father-in-law is secretary.

At the the junction of principle and pragmatism, Paul denounces big government and its costs and intrusiveness, but depends on the little things that big government does for him. Paul's campaign told reporter John Cheves that about half of his medical income comes from payments by Medicaid and Medicare, entitlement programs for the elderly, poor and disabled.

Read more

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obama should be trashed as he is the weakest President we have ever had and is currently being exposed as such with his handling of everything he does. Well now I will pray that things get better down in Louisiana. Thanks Pres!

Edited by History
spelling

Nope I sure didn't. It is just like the Mrs. and I told our kids when they were growing up. When there is something people don't want to discuss they will bring something else up to try and change the subject.

Well back to Mr. Paul. I think it was interesting in the article that he wanted to be board certified but didn't like the new rules so he created his own medical board. Also saying he's against big government but about half of the money he makes comes from medicare and medicaid.

That is old news, but you really should read the comments of your original posting following the article. Maybe that will provide you additional information. I find it interesting that Obama received more campaign contributions from BP than any other candidate did.

It might be old news but it was in today's paper. The same goes for the stuff you keep bringing up about Obama. If you want to discuss the original premise of this thread we can. If not, I'm done with this conversation.

Certainly appears to be the case, but in what way does this make him different from arguably any other politician?

Didn't say it did.

However, this thread is (supposed) to be about Candidate Paul. Not any other politician.