Bryan Stevenson Beaten to Death

RomanEmpire

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bryan Stevenson, 26, who now lives in Maumee, Ohio, but grew up in Independence, died at University Hospital in Louisville about 10 hours after police said he was assaulted by four men outside Barbara Lee’s Kitchen on Brownsboro Road.

Stevenson, named Northern Kentucky Player of the Year last year in the USSA “C” State championship, played left field for the Northern Kentucky team Good Guys and was in Louisville over the weekend for the Lou Turner Tournament.

http://nky.cincinnati.com/article/AB/20100531/NEWS0103/305310025/NKY-softball-player-beaten-to-death

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37428945/ns/local_news-louisville_ky

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20100531/NEWS01/5310321/1008/NEWS01/Victim+of+fatal+beating+outside+restaurant+identified+as+Bryan+Stevenson

Really sad to hear about this, I know this was in the basketball section but Bryan was a friend of mine and I'm really glad they caught these guys quickly. This was not over softball, the incident has nothing to do about it except he was down in Louisville for a tournament. Some of his teamates went to get some food and had a couple words with a guy and he left, well the guy called a bunch of his buddies and waited for them to come out and ambushed them. He will be missed by a lot of people, Bryan was a great guy!

Lot of comments in the Courier-Journal saying the perpetrators were skin heads. Just a very sad situation. Whatever happened to a bloody nose and a black eye? Were weapons used in this altercation?

From what I've heard, no. But I've heard that they were extremely brutal in attacking him, kicking him while he was down and stomping on him that sort of thing. Really is sad and just senseless.

Lot of comments in the Courier-Journal saying the perpetrators were skin heads. Just a very sad situation. Whatever happened to a bloody nose and a black eye? Were weapons used in this altercation?

The police at the scene believed there was because of how severe the beating was but nothing was ever found. I haven't read any quotes from the coroners office on the subject though so who knows.

The story I'm getting is Bryan was the first one out of the restaurant and when he came outside, the guy with the cast blindsided him in the back of the head and knock him unconscious and before his friends could help him out, he was already out cold and the idiots continued to stay on top of him even though he was out.

I heard that one of the thugs had a cast on one of his arms which had to play a huge role in the severity of the beating.

How much you want to bet he got that cast from being in another fight? Honestly I would be scared to death if I were them, although they're probably too stupid to realize how much trouble they're in. I know prisons full of scum bags, but they'd better hope that people in prison don't find out that they're in there for beating a man to death 4 against 1 or they may get a dose of their own medicine.

• 1 year later...

Murder charge dropped in Stevenson death.

9 Mobile: Murder charge dropped in Stevenson death

According to the article the person who was on trial for the beating death of 26 year old Bryan Stevenson in 2010 has accepted a plea deal that will likely result in him only receiving probation due to time already served under house arrest. Seems pretty pathetic.