Kentucky 2010--Is Recruiting Over??

StickerMann

With the signing of Vargas and the apparent return of Dotson, is Coach Cal putting the finishing touches on the '10-11 squad, or are other additions in the wings?

Is the Terrance Jones saga at an end?

Any other Juco's, etc. that could help next year?

How do the scholarships stand?

Thanks--Just looking for the outlook for next season.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, recruiting is not over at all.

They will likely add 2-3 more players.

Some are saying the Jones decision will come today. Also, the UTEP transfer (who will take up scholarship even though he is sitting out a season).

After that, there is Kadeem Jack, Remi Dibo and a couple of similar guys.

Some are saying the Jones decision will come today. Also, the UTEP transfer (who will take up scholarship even though he is sitting out a season).

How will that affect the scholarship outlook for 2011?

So they do have roster room for at least a couple more players? I've kind of lost count of who's in and who's out? Potential roster as of now anyone??

So they do have roster room for at least a couple more players? I've kind of lost count of who's in and who's out? Potential roster as of now anyone??

In order by next year's class designations....

Josh Harrellson (SR)

Darius Miller (JR)

Darnell Dodson (JR)

DeAndre Liggins (JR)

Eloy Vargas (JR)

John Hood (SO)

Brandon Knight (FR)

Enes Kanter (FR)

Doron Lamb (FR)

Stacey Poole (FR)

Jarrod Polson (FR - Walk On)

I believe that is everyone.

We have 5 returning players and we've added 5 recruits.

That's only 10 scholarship players out of 13.

There's no way we are going to save save 3 scholarships for 2011, IMO.

One of those will be saved for Jones and Moultrie is 2011 anyways. If we land those two, we may not add another. If Jones chooses Washington, we will almost certainly target one other big for 2010.

I honestly don't see us adding three more players. Two would be pushing it. Two scholarships have to be preserved just so we can have a shot at Quincy Miller. It can be assummed that Knight and Kanter would leave but you just never know. I guess someone could always find a way off the team next year if a scholarship is needed for a big time recruit. Plus, Cal has always said he doesn't really like a full roster. I can see this team with 11 players next year.

I honestly don't see us adding three more players. Two would be pushing it. Two scholarships have to be preserved just so we can have a shot at Quincy Miller. It can be assummed that Knight and Kanter would leave but you just never know. I guess someone could always find a way off the team next year if a scholarship is needed for a big time recruit. Plus, Cal has always said he doesn't really like a full roster. I can see this team with 11 players next year.

You don't think Cal is assuming a couple of his freshman will be one and done? Harrellson will be gone, and Knight and Kanter are almost certainly one and done. That right there would leave us with 6 open scholarships for 2011. I don't think it's much of an issue.