Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 2010--Is Recruiting Over??

Featured Replies

With the signing of Vargas and the apparent return of Dotson, is Coach Cal putting the finishing touches on the '10-11 squad, or are other additions in the wings?

 

Is the Terrance Jones saga at an end?

 

Any other Juco's, etc. that could help next year?

 

How do the scholarships stand?

 

Thanks--Just looking for the outlook for next season.

  • Replies 49
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's hard to tell at this point. UK has their name in the mix for a few players but who knows. I wouldn't be surprised if they added another player, but I also wouldn't be surprised if they did not add another player.

What's the latest on Elisha Justice?

 

Signed, sealed, and delivered to UofL.

My guess is it's Jones or bust from what I've read. I don't think UK could afford to turn him down if he wanted in.

No, recruiting is not over at all.

 

They will likely add 2-3 more players.

 

Some are saying the Jones decision will come today. Also, the UTEP transfer (who will take up scholarship even though he is sitting out a season).

 

After that, there is Kadeem Jack, Remi Dibo and a couple of similar guys.

No, recruiting is not over at all.

 

They will likely add 2-3 more players.

 

Some are saying the Jones decision will come today. Also, the UTEP transfer (who will take up scholarship even though he is sitting out a season).

 

After that, there is Kadeem Jack, Remi Dibo and a couple of similar guys.

 

How will that affect the scholarship outlook for 2011?

2-3 more? I thought Cal was going to save some scholarships for 2011?

  • Author
No, recruiting is not over at all.

 

They will likely add 2-3 more players.

 

Some are saying the Jones decision will come today. Also, the UTEP transfer (who will take up scholarship even though he is sitting out a season).

 

After that, there is Kadeem Jack, Remi Dibo and a couple of similar guys.

 

 

So they do have roster room for at least a couple more players? I've kind of lost count of who's in and who's out? Potential roster as of now anyone??

So they do have roster room for at least a couple more players? I've kind of lost count of who's in and who's out? Potential roster as of now anyone??

In order by next year's class designations....

 

Josh Harrellson (SR)

Darius Miller (JR)

Darnell Dodson (JR)

DeAndre Liggins (JR)

Eloy Vargas (JR)

John Hood (SO)

Brandon Knight (FR)

Enes Kanter (FR)

Doron Lamb (FR)

Stacey Poole (FR)

Jarrod Polson (FR - Walk On)

 

I believe that is everyone.

We have 5 returning players and we've added 5 recruits.

 

That's only 10 scholarship players out of 13.

 

There's no way we are going to save save 3 scholarships for 2011, IMO.

 

One of those will be saved for Jones and Moultrie is 2011 anyways. If we land those two, we may not add another. If Jones chooses Washington, we will almost certainly target one other big for 2010.

I honestly don't see us adding three more players. Two would be pushing it. Two scholarships have to be preserved just so we can have a shot at Quincy Miller. It can be assummed that Knight and Kanter would leave but you just never know. I guess someone could always find a way off the team next year if a scholarship is needed for a big time recruit. Plus, Cal has always said he doesn't really like a full roster. I can see this team with 11 players next year.

The potential roster shows that Hood will be pretty lonely on senior night.

The potential roster shows that Hood will be pretty lonely on senior night.

Same for Harrellson this season :D

I honestly don't see us adding three more players. Two would be pushing it. Two scholarships have to be preserved just so we can have a shot at Quincy Miller. It can be assummed that Knight and Kanter would leave but you just never know. I guess someone could always find a way off the team next year if a scholarship is needed for a big time recruit. Plus, Cal has always said he doesn't really like a full roster. I can see this team with 11 players next year.

 

You don't think Cal is assuming a couple of his freshman will be one and done? Harrellson will be gone, and Knight and Kanter are almost certainly one and done. That right there would leave us with 6 open scholarships for 2011. I don't think it's much of an issue.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.