Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 2010--Is Recruiting Over??

Featured Replies

Cal said on ESPNU that he likes to have only 10 scholarship players because he feels the others are waste of scholarships because they do not get playing time. Why use a scholarship just to use one?

 

I agree with you. I think it's Jones or bust to be honest right now. This year is just a bridge to 2011 for everyone in the Bluegrass IMO. As long as the team plays hard, wins a good amount of games, and makes a good showing in the tourney, everyone will be or should be happy. Anything better than 25 wins or the Sweet 16 is gravy for the upcoming season as far as I'm concerned.

  • Replies 49
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

Heard tonight on Louisville radio while passing through that Jones has made a statement that he will "Sign" tomorrow, but didn't reveal with who??

Cal said on ESPNU that he likes to have only 10 scholarship players because he feels the others are waste of scholarships because they do not get playing time. Why use a scholarship just to use one?

 

I don't think it's using one just to be using it...we simply are short on bigs and must add another. Hopefully, it'll be Jones tomorrow.

I woke up to a text that said Jones will sign financial papers to UK. He is a pretty reliable source but I don't know whether to believe him on this one. Take it for what it's worth.

 

:confused:

Anyone know when Jones will announce? Time? TV?

Anyone know when Jones will announce? Time? TV?

 

I doubt there will be anything on TV. For all we know, nothing could happen. He will just not say anything and go on with his life and just go to Washington. Noone really knows what is giong on with this situation.

I agree with you. I think it's Jones or bust to be honest right now. This year is just a bridge to 2011 for everyone in the Bluegrass IMO. As long as the team plays hard, wins a good amount of games, and makes a good showing in the tourney, everyone will be or should be happy. Anything better than 25 wins or the Sweet 16 is gravy for the upcoming season as far as I'm concerned.

 

If they land Jones, this season may be more than a bridge...

^I love Jones' game, but if Wall, Cousins, Patterson and Bledsoe couldn't do better than the Elite 8, I'm not expecting as much from this team. Outside of the fact that Miller will be better I think UK is worse off at every position than they were last year. Still talented, just not as talented IMO.

Anyone know when Jones will announce? Time? TV?

 

He is signing an LOI. At home. With his family.

 

I think it's UW.

I'm guessing we won't hear anything until around 6 pm. I think it's UK.

Many say today is the day and it will be quiet and he will just send in his papers to whichever school he picks. A thought of mine is, did Cal take Vargas knowing Jones was going to stick with UW?

^I love Jones' game, but if Wall, Cousins, Patterson and Bledsoe couldn't do better than the Elite 8, I'm not expecting as much from this team. Outside of the fact that Miller will be better I think UK is worse off at every position than they were last year. Still talented, just not as talented IMO.

 

They should be a better shooting team than last year. I f they can keep the defense up, I see now reason why they can't be just as successful, or almost anyway.

They should be a better shooting team than last year. I f they can keep the defense up, I see now reason why they can't be just as successful, or almost anyway.

 

Maybe the team could play vey well together. From a talent standpoint I don't see how UK could not take a major step back. Maybe that's just because I'm not sold on Knight or Kanter. Could be a good sign though, I wasn't high on Cousins coming in either and was obviously as wrong as I could be. :thumb:

Apparently we are finding out at 10:30 if it is over or not..

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.