Earl Cox Article in the Voice Tribune

Trinity alum

Earl Cox reported today that there is talk of public schools forfeiting to St X and Trinity if the separate playoffs are not enacted.

http://www.voice-tribune.com/news/voicetribune/newspaper/20051027/p1c.asp

This is what he said:

"What will happen is this," one public-school booster told me. "On Monday, public schools that are scheduled to play St. X and Trinity will call the Catholic schools and say that they are forfeiting this week's game. The $1,500 forfeit check is in the mail. And this will go on all season. Where will that leave St. X and Trinity?"

I would hope that nothing like this will happen. I would hope that it isn't even being considered.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not an attorney, but I am thinking that if the JCPS colluded to come up with a plan like that there would be grounds for a lawsuit. If they decide to do this I hope they include money to cover a typical Trinity gate (at least $25,000) plus some FAT punitive damages. Gosh, after a season like that we could add an additional classroom building.

Jefferson Co. School district have went out on a limb before. Years ago when discussion of re-districting wrestling they claimed if any of their teams were forced to compete in another district all their schools would drop their programs.

IMO This argument has gotten to the point where it is Jefferson Co. school against Private schools.

I am not an attorney, but I am thinking that if the JCPS colluded to come up with a plan like that there would be grounds for a lawsuit. If they decide to do this I hope they include money to cover a typical Trinity gate (at least $25,000) plus some FAT punitive damages. Gosh, after a season like that we could add an additional classroom building.

Or maybe some extra dorm rooms. :fire: j/k

Honestly, are these people suffering from a huge inferiority complex or what? Forfeiting should never, ever be an option. As a coach, I'd be EXTREMELY ticked off at my administration if they did that.

Jefferson Co. School district have went out on a limb before. Years ago when discussion of re-districting wrestling they claimed if any of their teams were forced to compete in another district all their schools would drop their programs.

IMO This argument has gotten to the point where it is Jefferson Co. school against Private schools.

:thumb: :thumb:

As I posted much earlier somewhere on BGP, it will turn into the Private School Division and the Whiner Division.

Hey it worked for Jimmy Carter in boycotting the 1980 Summer Olympics...

No, wait... it didn't did it? :lol:

If this weren't so sad it would be funny. The more I read about all the chicken littles running some of our public athletic programs, the more I'm convinced that these administrators and certain coaches are more worried about trying to keep their jobs, and not having to explain why they lose a few games. They really don't seem genuinely concerned about teaching good lessons and life skills to the kids in their programs.

Sad... very sad.