Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Earl Cox Article in the Voice Tribune

Featured Replies

Sore losers?? You've got to be kidding. When the delegates voted overwhelmingly to seperate, there were talks of Boycots of games, concession stands, etc... I belive calling public schools sore losers is the pot calling the kettle black.

How about "Lemmings" then?

 

The fact that a majority agrees on a course of action, does not in-and-of-itself make the subsequent action a good one. ;)

  • Replies 51
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I do not think that is likely...Besides Earl Cox loves to stir the pot....he does not report 100% truths...

Amen

I can't believe this thread has the legs that it has. I read the original article written by Mr. Cox. In my opinion, the following statement pretty well captures the value of the entire article - "What will happen is this," one public-school booster told me." (emphasis added by me)

 

The quote is from a public school booster. NOT an administrator. NOT an athletic director. NOT a coach.

 

Some moron lobs a hollow threat, an over the hill writer picks it up and gives it some ink, and all of a sudden, we're wasting good bandwidth discussing a hypothetical situation that isn't going to happen. A ludicrous hypothetical at that.

 

Frances

I can't believe this thread has the legs that it has. I read the original article written by Mr. Cox. In my opinion, the following statement pretty well captures the value of the entire article - "What will happen is this," one public-school booster told me." (emphasis added by me)

 

The quote is from a public school booster. NOT an administrator. NOT an athletic director. NOT a coach.

 

Some moron lobs a hollow threat, an over the hill writer picks it up and gives it some ink, and all of a sudden, we're wasting good bandwidth discussing a hypothetical situation that isn't going to happen. A ludicrous hypothetical at that.

 

Frances

 

I would agree only if I knew what school the booster is from. I know a couple of schools that the boosters have pretty much run.

I would agree only if I knew what school the booster is from. I know a couple of schools that the boosters have pretty much run.

More than a couple… :rolleyes:

 

Heck, I’ll bet Frances could name a couple without even straining.

 

And speaking of “bandwidth” I’m not naming names, but I saw a marching band recently that looked like they were getting four or five a day at Mickey D’s

I would agree only if I knew what school the booster is from. I know a couple of schools that the boosters have pretty much run.

Without a doubt, every school (public AND private) struggles with some boosters that are overzealous and have loud voices. That said, I think it is extremely rare that a booster could make a statement like this one, and have enough muscle to back it up. Extremely rare.

 

Frances

Without a doubt, every school (public AND private) struggles with some boosters that are overzealous and have loud voices. That said, I think it is extremely rare that a booster could make a statement like this one, and have enough muscle to back it up. Extremely rare.

 

Frances

 

Agreed. :thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.