Earl Cox Article in the Voice Tribune

Trinity alum

Sore losers?? You've got to be kidding. When the delegates voted overwhelmingly to seperate, there were talks of Boycots of games, concession stands, etc... I belive calling public schools sore losers is the pot calling the kettle black.

How about "Lemmings" then?

The fact that a majority agrees on a course of action, does not in-and-of-itself make the subsequent action a good one. ;)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe this thread has the legs that it has. I read the original article written by Mr. Cox. In my opinion, the following statement pretty well captures the value of the entire article - "What will happen is this," one public-school booster told me." (emphasis added by me)

The quote is from a public school booster. NOT an administrator. NOT an athletic director. NOT a coach.

Some moron lobs a hollow threat, an over the hill writer picks it up and gives it some ink, and all of a sudden, we're wasting good bandwidth discussing a hypothetical situation that isn't going to happen. A ludicrous hypothetical at that.

Frances

I can't believe this thread has the legs that it has. I read the original article written by Mr. Cox. In my opinion, the following statement pretty well captures the value of the entire article - "What will happen is this," one public-school booster told me." (emphasis added by me)

The quote is from a public school booster. NOT an administrator. NOT an athletic director. NOT a coach.

Some moron lobs a hollow threat, an over the hill writer picks it up and gives it some ink, and all of a sudden, we're wasting good bandwidth discussing a hypothetical situation that isn't going to happen. A ludicrous hypothetical at that.

Frances

I would agree only if I knew what school the booster is from. I know a couple of schools that the boosters have pretty much run.

I would agree only if I knew what school the booster is from. I know a couple of schools that the boosters have pretty much run.

More than a couple… :rolleyes:

Heck, I’ll bet Frances could name a couple without even straining.

And speaking of “bandwidth” I’m not naming names, but I saw a marching band recently that looked like they were getting four or five a day at Mickey D’s

Without a doubt, every school (public AND private) struggles with some boosters that are overzealous and have loud voices. That said, I think it is extremely rare that a booster could make a statement like this one, and have enough muscle to back it up. Extremely rare.

Frances

Without a doubt, every school (public AND private) struggles with some boosters that are overzealous and have loud voices. That said, I think it is extremely rare that a booster could make a statement like this one, and have enough muscle to back it up. Extremely rare.

Frances

Agreed. :thumb: