Earl Cox Article in the Voice Tribune

Trinity alum

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where would the $1500 check come from?

Unless they (the coach, AD, Super.) are paying it out of their pocket,.... I don't see how they could use school funds.

It would have to be school funds, and that's why I think it is bogus. Or booster money, I suppose. Either would be criminal, and cause heads to roll.

So they tried to kick the privates out and that doesn't appear that it is going to fly. So instead of sitting down and finding a solution that everyone can live with, this is what some braniac comes up with? Forfeits? What a joke. Who gets penalized? The student athletes in both the public and private schools. If anyone actually does this, they ought to be lined up and B-slapped until they come to their senses.

It would have to be school funds, and that's why I think it is bogus. Or booster money, I suppose. Either would be criminal, and cause heads to roll.

Forfeit fees are a legitimate use of school funds. The problem would be when Trinity and x sued them for fraud in signing the contracts. By signing the contracts with no intention of playing they would be acting to the extreme financial detriment of Trinity and x and if the various schools acted together in this it would be a conspiracy. Is a conspiracy to commit fraud a criminal violation? I would be very disappointed if they are even thinking about it, but I would be even more surprised if their lawyers let them do it. If they want to forfeit the games they can do so by refusing to sign the contracts for the games. The KHSAA would hang a district loss on them and Trinity and x could schedule an alternative game.

This does seem to put into question the motives of these particular schools, doesn't it? I mean, this booster specifically mentions Trinity and St.X.... No mention at all of the other Private School powers, Assumption, Sacred Heart, Mercy, DeSales, Christian Academy, KCD, Holy Cross, Presentation....speaking specifically of those in Louisville...

The only true good that could come out of this is that they accomplished the feat of silencing Rockmom and All Tell. I never thought it was possible. :D

Check back with me on that...it was merely temporary...thank God! A few Hail Mary's and I'm HEALED! :D

Mom

My loss is gone but I'm afraid I would get into trouble if I said what I am thinking. It would be less then complimentary of the powers that be in the public schools if this turns out to be true.

I hope this is just a bad rumor and a case of Earl Cox trying to stir up controversy.

Mom

My loss is gone but I'm afraid I would get into trouble if I said what I am thinking. It would be less then complimentary of the powers that be in the public schools if this turns out to be true.

I hope this is just a bad rumor and a case of Earl Cox trying to stir up controversy.

I'd say it's an exaggeration. :lol: