Boyle County 2010

Ram

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They Did go to Mercer Tues, Heard they did well and are finding their "groove" 88 I was ready for football to start Dec 5th last year:) I usually can keep myself entertained in these forums until things get going, but Thankfully we can go watch practice! I Cant wait til Aug 20th! GO REBELS!!!!!!!!

They Did go to Mercer Tues, Heard they did well and are finding their "groove" 88 I was ready for football to start Dec 5th last year:) I usually can keep myself entertained in these forums until things get going, but Thankfully we can go watch practice! I Cant wait til Aug 20th! GO REBELS!!!!!!!!

I can't wait either!

Can anyone tell me what the average height and weight was on the offensive line for Boyle County last season? And if possible the defensive line too. I looked online and couldn't find the roster. Thanks in advance for anyone who can come up with an answer.

Can anyone tell me what the average height and weight was on the offensive line for Boyle County last season? And if possible the defensive line too. I looked online and couldn't find the roster. Thanks in advance for anyone who can come up with an answer.

Here's the roster: http://www.khsaa.org/football/2009/4abottomroster.pdf

Here's the starters: http://www.khsaa.org/football/2009/4aflipcardweb.pdf

I meant to say, the average of the starting offensive line and defensive line.

Also, I found the links you posted on the KHSAA website and for some reason I don't have the right acrobat reader to see that link. If anyone has any extra time, could they please come up with an average because I cannot see the roster because of my computer. If not, that's ok! Not a big deal. :D

Boyle did throw on Tuesday @ Mercer with mercer and Washington County. It appeared to be some pretty good competition but all of the coaching staffs were doing a lot of coaching on the field during the games. It appeared that all of the teams were benefitting from the different competition.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

Just guessing I would say about 200-215. I know Ben Coffman one of the biggest (i think) he only wieghed 195. He only goes about 215 this year I think Tyler Priest will go about 225 this year.

That's about what I would guess. I was thinking about at average height of 5'10-6'0.

I was just looking through several threads with teams that average about 6'3 on the offensive line and about 240-250 in weight. Now that's crazy. What's even more crazy is that Boyle County's line is always undersized(both in height and weight) but the boys are rock solid. Now, with that being said, I'd take Boyle County's line over any line in the state because they simply have more heart and I honestly believe that. The offensive line is very successful and boy do they get the job done.

Let's hope these boys continue to have success this year.

That's about what I would guess. I was thinking about at average height of 5'10-6'0.

I was just looking through several threads with teams that average about 6'3 on the offensive line and about 240-250 in weight. Now that's crazy. What's even more crazy is that Boyle County's line is always undersized(both in height and weight) but the boys are rock solid. Now, with that being said, I'd take Boyle County's line over any line in the state because they simply have more heart and I honestly believe that. The offensive line is very successful and boy do they get the job done.

Let's hope these boys continue to have success this year.

I agree with your assertion and would take technique & skill over size most every time. (except in the mud :D)

But during the first run of State titles Boyle's lines were large. Leffew's, Nichols, Clem, Overstreet, Mertz, and others were all pretty good sized fellows. So Boyle has done it with both through the years. :thumb:

What Boyle may lack in size in the offensive line they make up for it a little bit with thier skilled possitions. Dawson 6-3 240 TE/FB , Cook 5'10 205 RB, Hester 6'2 210 utility player, Ferrel 5'11 205 TE/Slot Receiver. And then big ol Jarrod Harrington 5'5 135 at wide receiver :) But all in all this is a very tight nit group of boys that has played football togeather all the way up through grade school. I look for them to carry on the momentum from last year and have a very succesful year.

I agree with your assertion and would take technique & skill over size most every time. (except in the mud :D)

But during the first run of State titles Boyle's lines were large. Leffew's, Nichols, Clem, Overstreet, Mertz, and others were all pretty good sized fellows. So Boyle has done it with both through the years. :thumb:

Absolutely! But my post was directed towards the last few years and going into this year.

What Boyle may lack in size in the offensive line they make up for it a little bit with thier skilled possitions. Dawson 6-3 240 TE/FB , Cook 5'10 205 RB, Hester 6'2 210 utility player, Ferrel 5'11 205 TE/Slot Receiver. And then big ol Jarrod Harrington 5'5 135 at wide receiver :) But all in all this is a very tight nit group of boys that has played football togeather all the way up through grade school. I look for them to carry on the momentum from last year and have a very succesful year.

Is Hester growing up on us? The boy is already 6'2 210 lbs? :eek: