Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

C.J. Leslie just chose NC State

Featured Replies

Seems like KSR is playing the "if we don't get him then he wasn't that good" card right now on Twitter. Said that he is talented but he brings stuff that UK doesn't need in the locker room? Is this true or is it a case of sore losing?

 

Like GT said they can act like clowns on KSR, but Matt Jones has been saying this for a couple months ever since he saw him play in Lexington, so its not just becasue he went to state. If GT says he is a good kid then I believe him, might of just been having a bad couple of days in Lexington.

  • Replies 51
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys do realize that Jones' team has 4 guys that are playing college ball next season, and they are ALL scheduled to announce their choices officially Friday right?

I've felt like Jones has been looking for a reason to stay out West. I think a part of him really likes UK, he just doesn't want to leave. Can't blame him, but he'd do really well in the UK blue.

 

I agree completely, and can't blame the kid if he chooses to play close to home.

 

Though I recognize my bias, I think Jones would absolutely flourish in Cal's system. He'd be our 4-man, and offensively, he would shine in that spot. His penetration ability would make him almost impossible for an opposing 4-man to defend. He would have reliable shooters to kick to, and a solid big-man down low. Jones would get as many minutes as he would desire @ UK, and Cal would get him to the NBA quickly, if that's indeed what he desires.

 

Still, I think he chooses UW.

Well now it looks like Ross isn't making it official until Friday at the presser. Not a great sign for UK...

Anyone know if a time has been set for a Presser?

Anyone know if a time has been set for a Presser?

6:30...

6:30...

GT... do you have a guess on this one?

GT... do you have a guess on this one?

Nope. Haven't had enough inside info on this one to know what is most likely to happen...

Nope. Haven't had enough inside info on this one to know what is most likely to happen...

 

Do you think it's between UK & UW? Or do you think Kansas has a legit shot? I know some KU people are saying it's KU & UW.

Do you think it's between UK & UW? Or do you think Kansas has a legit shot? I know some KU people are saying it's KU & UW.

No clue...

GT, is what kind of player is Thornton? Anyone you can compare his game to?

I agree completely, and can't blame the kid if he chooses to play close to home.

 

Though I recognize my bias, I think Jones would absolutely flourish in Cal's system. He'd be our 4-man, and offensively, he would shine in that spot. His penetration ability would make him almost impossible for an opposing 4-man to defend. He would have reliable shooters to kick to, and a solid big-man down low. Jones would get as many minutes as he would desire @ UK, and Cal would get him to the NBA quickly, if that's indeed what he desires.

 

Still, I think he chooses UW.

 

On the surface UK & Coach Cal are a perfect fit for Jones. He will play in a system designed to get players NBA ready and will get more exposure than he would on the West Coast. But, at the end of the day he has to do what ever makes him happy.

Vaught and Maggard are indicating that they feel good about UK's chances... Maggard called Teague and Lamb, so this seems like good news. I think UK gets Thornton regardless...

I don't have a great feeling about Jones. Bledsoe and Orton are gone, I wish people would just face it. Maybe we get Thornton, I don't know. But the roster we have now is going to be pretty much all we have, IMO.

I don't have a great feeling about Jones. Bledsoe and Orton are gone, I wish people would just face it. Maybe we get Thornton, I don't know. But the roster we have now is going to be pretty much all we have, IMO.

 

Based on what other people are saying, I don't think either of us has inside information, it seems like UK may have a better chance at Jones than anticipated. I see no reason why we won't get Thornton...

 

I think Cal will add two more players, regardless of who they are. No way we only have 9 players on the team next year, only eight of which are on scholarship...

Were gonna see a lot of Harrelson next year! Really sucks Perry was a Sr.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.