What Exactly Is Wrong With Profiling?

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I haven't been to any federal buildings lately, so I was unaware that they all had this type of protection, which is a good thing.

As to your second point, this is what makes the situation so much worse. We're sitting on the porch with our guns pointed at the wolf off in the distance...not realizing that there is a already a bear inside behind us.

The word "terrorist" has become synonymous with "dark-haired, Middle Eastern Muslim." We forget that he can be a clean cut, ex-military white guy, too.

They do a very good job of planting trees and flowers in them so that they simply look like landscaping when the true purpose is protection of the building against someone ramming a vehicle with explosives into the building.

I wonder if 100% of all white males pulling up to government buildings in U-Hauls get profiled? I wonder if 1% of them do?

I would bet 90-100% of them are profiled!!! I walked into the Federal Courthouse in London one day, went about 5-6 steps in the wrong direction and a US Marshall appeared from no where and wanted to know who I was and where I was going. When I told him I was looking for the FBI office in London it didn't really put him at ease. So yeah I would say all white males acting suspicious at Federal buildings get a little extra scrutiny.

Glad to hear that evidently our federal buildings are now well protected. That being said, notice how none of it is aimed specifically at white males. Instead, the measures taken are being directed toward ALL...as it should be.

I took my Economics class to the Federal REserve Bank several times for class field trips. It was amazing what we had to go through.

They have bomb sniffing dogs and mirrors under the cars throughout a few block radius surrounding the building.

At one point, our tour guide and our group entered a bullet proof room with 4 see through walls. We stayed there while our tour guide left the room and went into a room with the security guards. THat way she could make sure the security guard knew that we did not have her hostage.

Said they had a no hostage policy. A group takes someone hostage and they don't recognize it. Each employee knows they will not be seen as a hostage. The security guards (definitely not the right word to describe them) are coming to get the bad guys not to save anyone.

I would bet 90-100% of them are profiled!!! I walked into the Federal Courthouse in London one day, went about 5-6 steps in the wrong direction and a US Marshall appeared from no where and wanted to know who I was and where I was going. When I told him I was looking for the FBI office in London it didn't really put him at ease. So yeah I would say all white males acting suspicious at Federal buildings get a little extra scrutiny.

Then you must not be snow white Jumper Dad. Something bound to have made you appear to look not white. White people get a free pass to go anywhere.:rolleyes:

Glad to hear that evidently our federal buildings are now well protected. That being said, notice how none of it is aimed specifically at white males. Instead, the measures taken are being directed toward ALL...as it should be.

Then you must agree with the Arizona law then because it does not single out any race but rather ALL ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS...as it should.

:ohbrother:

You were the one that said you were glad they were treating all the same. The Arizona law is treating ALL ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS the same. Exactly what you said.

Right now, Charles Durning singing the slide step song for politicians in the Best Little Word Filter ViolationWord Filter ViolationWord Filter ViolationWord Filter ViolationWord Filter Violationhouse in Texas is going through my mind.:D:D:D:D:D

You were the one that said you were glad they were treating all the same. The Arizona law is treating ALL ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS the same. Exactly what you said.

Right now, Charles Durning singing the slide step song for politicians in the Best Little Word Filter ViolationWord Filter ViolationWord Filter ViolationWord Filter ViolationWord Filter Violationhouse in Texas is going through my mind.:D:D:D:D:D

I doubt that you are going to be stopped and suspected of being an illegal Irish, Scottish or German immigrant (or whatever heritage you may have). However, legal Hispanic Americans will be. Apples and oranges, if ever there were any.