What Exactly Is Wrong With Profiling?

I always like the slave talk. Don't forget many times these Africans were owned by other Africans and SOLD to be slaves to the colonists. This is an important fact often overlooked.....their own people SOLD them. Isn't there a BIG problem with that, and why don't people march up and down about that? :confused: Could you imagine selling your own brother or sister or son or daughter? Those African folks must not have held human life in very high regard. Certainly there was a price they were willing to accept to never, ever see them again.

You are right that is so much different/worse than this country where we just allow them to kill their unborn son or daughter.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please explain, might be best in another thread.
Before the British traveled to Africa's western coast to buy Black slaves from Africa, they sold their own White working class ("the surplus poor" as they were known) from the streets and towns of England, into slavery. Tens of thousands of these White slaves were kidnapped children.

Before the British traveled to Africa's western coast to buy Black slaves from Africa, they sold their own White working class ("the surplus poor" as they were known) from the streets and towns of England, into slavery. Tens of thousands of these White slaves were kidnapped children.

Wow!

When did they become free in this country? Upon death or did it happen at the American Revolution time?

If there was no market in the US for slaves would there have been as big a market for slavery?

And, while the Africans that did this were horrible wrong and scums, that does not give our country in that time of our history a clean slate on our part in it.

I never said it was right, but people need to get a historical perspective on things. In different times, different things are acceptable/unacceptable, but when you use our current values to judge those in the past, then things get twisted. Example-in the time of Jesus Christ, not wearing shoes was acceptable. Today you couldn't walk into a McDonalds to get a Coke.

I am just tired of hearing about slaves. Not a person in our country alive today has had a slave. The USA has given minorities the most freedom and opportunity any minority group has ever been granted, and yet they want more. I highly doubt that if they become the majority, and some posters on here believe they will, that they will be as lenient to the new minority. Based on the actions and words of some that I have seen I doubt it.

I never said it was right, but people need to get a historical perspective on things. In different times, different things are acceptable/unacceptable, but when you use our current values to judge those in the past, then things get twisted. Example-in the time of Jesus Christ, not wearing shoes was acceptable. Today you couldn't walk into a McDonalds to get a Coke.

I am just tired of hearing about slaves. Not a person in our country alive today has had a slave. The USA has given minorities the most freedom and opportunity any minority group has ever been granted, and yet they want more. I highly doubt that if they become the majority, and some posters on here believe they will, that they will be as lenient to the new minority. Based on the actions and words of some that I have seen I doubt it.

If you don't want to use our current values based upon things in the past, than we need to refrain from saying that we can't do things because in the past we were built upon freedom. Which was not exactly true in the first place.

You are right that is so much different/worse than this country where we just allow them to kill their unborn son or daughter.

No-that is a crime that I am hopeful we will all not be punished for by the highest power for all eternity.

Most, by death as I recall reading, that and the fact that black slaves were introduced in this country.

Actually I thought most whites were "indentured servants" for a 7 year period in exchange for passage and set up here.

African Slaves were the first to be wholesale bonded for life, mainly because of the way European/Americans viewed them as a people.

Actually I thought most whites were "indentured servants" for a 7 year period in exchange for passage and set up here.

African Slaves were the first to be wholesale bonded for life, mainly because of the way European/Americans viewed them as a people.

There were indentured servants, but there were also White slaves.

And how did their African brethren that sold them view them?:rolleyes::confused: