Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The move I think the Bengals should make..

Featured Replies

I understand what you all are saying, and you all make a great point. I do disagree with some of it, but I do get what you saying. I do have a question for you two though. We know you don't want them to take a TE with the 1st pick or trade for. However it sure looks like that they probably will draft one with their 1st pick. So since it looks like it will happen, would you rather the Bengals use their 1st round pick on a TE. Or trade a 4th or 5th round pick for like an Olson, and then use their 1st round pick on someone else?

 

I would rather see them trade for an established TE than draft one in 1st round...I think the much bigger need is DB, safeties are getting real old and CB depth is paper thin and I would say that a DB could contribute sooner than a TE could.

  • Replies 30
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So the Bengals brought in both Utecht and Coffman for their blocking ability?

 

Yeah, they brought in a scrub in Utecht, who is no better than what they have now, and used a 3rd round pick on Coffman. I have zero problem with them taking a TE in the 3rd round again this season. That would of course tell everyone they completely wasted the Coffman pick last year, but no way should they waste a 1st or 2nd rounder on a guy that'll maybe be targeted 3-4 times a game.

I don't think they should waste a decent pick on a TE, but I would give a 5th for Olsen, he is legit.

  • Author
Yeah, they brought in a scrub in Utecht, who is no better than what they have now, and used a 3rd round pick on Coffman. I have zero problem with them taking a TE in the 3rd round again this season. That would of course tell everyone they completely wasted the Coffman pick last year, but no way should they waste a 1st or 2nd rounder on a guy that'll maybe be targeted 3-4 times a game.

 

If you read that is where I am too. I would trade a 5th or 4th round pick for an established TE before I would roll the dice on an injured one in the 1st round. He is talented but I would rather trade a late pick for Olsen then trade up to get Berry or the Texas safety.

There is no way that if Cincy had Olsen or drafted Gresham that they wouldn't use him IMO. No coach would be that dumb, and Palmer would love someone like that. Who have the Bengals had at TE for the last decade? No one of note, so it's no wonder they don't use them. I'm not a Bengals fan, but I do believe in common sense. Not saying they pick up a TE, but IF the Bengals do and don't use them then there is no hope for the Bengals because their coaching staff would be horrible.

  • Author
Yeah, they brought in a scrub in Utecht, who is no better than what they have now, and used a 3rd round pick on Coffman. I have zero problem with them taking a TE in the 3rd round again this season. That would of course tell everyone they completely wasted the Coffman pick last year, but no way should they waste a 1st or 2nd rounder on a guy that'll maybe be targeted 3-4 times a game.

 

Why would you roll the dice on an unproven TE in the 3rd if there is a good chance you can get a proven one for a 5th or 4th at worst?

Yeah, they brought in a scrub in Utecht, who is no better than what they have now, and used a 3rd round pick on Coffman. I have zero problem with them taking a TE in the 3rd round again this season. That would of course tell everyone they completely wasted the Coffman pick last year, but no way should they waste a 1st or 2nd rounder on a guy that'll maybe be targeted 3-4 times a game.

 

I know your feeling about the TE's. However since it seems like the Bengals probably will take a TE with that first pick. Would you rather the Bengals do that, or trade a 4th or 5th round pick for one, and then use that 1st pick on someone else?

I know your feeling about the TE's. However since it seems like the Bengals probably will take a TE with that first pick. Would you rather the Bengals do that, or trade a 4th or 5th round pick for one, and then use that 1st pick on someone else?

I would go with the trade option you mentioned. While there is no Moneyball formula in drafting, taking a TE is not part of the equation (from an ESPN article recently). Normally if you are in limbo, you build depth at the positions that need depth (CB, OL, etc.).

Lance's blog said a Bengals insider says Bengals are targeting Dez Bryant first, then Gresham.

For the last time the Bengals don't need to waste picks or trading them on a TE. They don't utilize the TE spot enough for it to matter even if they had a good one.

 

Totally agree! :thumb:

There is no way that if Cincy had Olsen or drafted Gresham that they wouldn't use him IMO. No coach would be that dumb, and Palmer would love someone like that. Who have the Bengals had at TE for the last decade? No one of note, so it's no wonder they don't use them. I'm not a Bengals fan, but I do believe in common sense. Not saying they pick up a TE, but IF the Bengals do and don't use them then there is no hope for the Bengals because their coaching staff would be horrible.

 

I think you are drastically overestimating our current offensive coordinator. :lol:

I think you are drastically overestimating our current offensive coordinator. :lol:

 

I just think it's funny that people think the Bengals would go after a really good TE and not use him. That's the most ridiculous crap I've ever heard. The Bengals don't throw to the TE because they haven't had one worth a crap the last decade. Do you think they'd draft Gresham and not have a plan for him? C'mon, every member of NFL coaching staffs probably would embarrass any of us on here with their knowledge of football (since football is there job), but they couldn't figure out a way to use a TE in their passing offense? That ridiculous to me.

 

It would be one thing if he was like Martz and said that he didn't want to use TE's & the Bengals got rid of theirs, but I do not see any NFL team drafting a player that high or making a big trade for a player they're not going to use.

 

If the Bengals coaching staff is that bad, no one on here had better get their hopes up anytime in the near future.

I just think it's funny that people think the Bengals would go after a really good TE and not use him. That's the most ridiculous crap I've ever heard. The Bengals don't throw to the TE because they haven't had one worth a crap the last decade. Do you think they'd draft Gresham and not have a plan for him? C'mon, every member of NFL coaching staffs probably would embarrass any of us on here with their knowledge of football (since football is there job), but they couldn't figure out a way to use a TE in their passing offense? That ridiculous to me.

 

It would be one thing if he was like Martz and said that he didn't want to use TE's & the Bengals got rid of theirs, but I do not see any NFL team drafting a player that high or making a big trade for a player they're not going to use.

 

If the Bengals coaching staff is that bad, no one on here had better get their hopes up anytime in the near future.

 

Hey we can actually agree with this. I been saying this for awhile now. Its pretty sad when the best TE of this decade had been Matt Schobel. Yes the Bengals have never really used the TE much, but the Bengals also never really tried to get a top TE. Not in FA or in the draft, its always been middle round picks. So since the Bengals apparently are starting to emphasize getting a good pass catching TE now. I think that means that they will try to use the TE more. :thumb:

Bottom line on the TE issue in Cincinnati is if the TE can't block, he won't get on the field. So if Gresham is a good blocker, then he might be worth a shot. If he can't block, it is a wasted pick. The Bengals definitely need someone who can catch the ball in the middle of the field. They lost that when Housh left.

 

Dez Bryant scares me. From what I have heard, he has no discipline and no desire. He sounds like a big risk to take the money and run. At best, he sounds like another rehab project that will be able to go in and run deep patterns only while he spends 2-3 years learning how to be a pro.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.