Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

LH All-state boys' basketball team

Featured Replies

Lexington Hearld All-state boys' basketball team

 

 

Player, school Ht. Class Pts. Rebs.

Elisha Justice, Shelby Valley (41) 5-10 Sr. 20.1 5.9*

 

Josh Sewell, Louisville Trinity (37) 6-5 Sr. 19.8 5.7

 

Ricardo Johnson, Holmes (4) 6-4 Sr. 12.2 5.7

 

Elijah Pittman, Holmes (4) 6-7 Sr. 16.1 7.1

 

Chane Behanan, Bowling Green (4) 6-7 Jr. 21.2 12.3

 

Chad Jackson, Scott County (2) 6-4 Sr. 16.6 6.9

 

Aaron Watts, McCreary Central (4) 6-2 Sr. 23.7 8.8

 

Jarrod Polson, West Jessamine (3) 6-3 Sr. 18.2 6.4*

 

Dakotah Euton, Scott County (2) 6-8 Sr. 15.2 9.2

 

Ge-Lawn Guyn, Scott County (1) 6-2 Sr. 12.0 4.0

 

 

 

Second team

Timmy Knipp, Elliott County (2) 6-7 Jr. 31.1 8.5

Anthony Hickey, Christian County 5-10 Jr. 15.7 5.0

Robbie Stenzel, Clark County 6-4 Jr. 13.8 4.1

Donovan Gibbs, Iroquois 6-7 Sr. 14.7 9.7

Vinny Zollo, Clark County 6-8 Jr. 17.0 13.0

Ian Chiles, Ballard (1) 6-1 Sr. 18.5 4.3

Cameron Hall, Glasgow 6-0 Sr. 25.8 4.5*

George Fant, Warren Central (1) 6-6 Jr. 15.3 8.4

Vance Hall, Franklin County (2) 6-4 Sr. 24.0 8.1

Travis Johnston, Grayson County 5-10 Sr. 19.0 5.7*

 

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/04/18/1228828/all-state-boys-basketball-teams.html#ixzz0lUgOAT2D

HM also mentioned at above link.

 

 

  • Replies 32
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to all who were honored.

 

I'd take Elisha Justice, Josh Sewell, Ricardo Johnson, Elijah Pittman, and Chane Behanan against any other starting 5 in the country.

Congrats to all who were honored.

 

I'd take Elisha Justice, Josh Sewell, Ricardo Johnson, Elijah Pittman, and Chane Behanan against any other starting 5 in the country.

 

You might have too many chiefs and not enough indians!

I'd take Elisha Justice, Josh Sewell, Ricardo Johnson, Elijah Pittman, and Chane Behanan against any other starting 5 in the country.

 

Let's not get carried away...

Let's not get carried away...

 

I'm talking about high school teams' starting 5's....not those 5 against any other 5 in the country.

 

All Ohio Red alone had 5 kids in their starting 5 that will likely be in the league or playing pro somewhere before it's all said and done.

I'm talking about high school teams' starting 5's....not those 5 against any other 5 in the country.

 

So you'd take them over the team that had Kyrie Irving, Mike Gilchrist and Derrick Gordon? Corey Joseph, Tristian Thompson and Nigel Williams-Gross? James Bell, Jamil Jones, Papa Samba and Angel Clyburn? Need I go on???

So you'd take them over the team that had Kyrie Irving, Mike Gilchrist and Derrick Gordon? Corey Joseph, Tristian Thompson and Nigel Williams-Gross? James Bell, Jamil Jones, Papa Samba and Angel Clyburn? Need I go on???

 

Point taken.

 

You failed to mention though that one of those trio's consists of a group that go to a PREP SCHOOL and the other two sets of players go to two of the premier PRIVATE/CATHOLIC schools in the country.

Lexington Herald is a travesty and a joke. No Ballard players first team yet THREE Scott County players. And as a footnote, Polson's 2 point effort against Ohio All-stars may have been followed up what some are leaking as a not so good try-out by the first teamer.

Edited by passtheball

Congrats to all who were honored.

 

I'd take Elisha Justice, Josh Sewell, Ricardo Johnson, Elijah Pittman, and Chane Behanan against any other starting 5 in the country.

 

Bring them to Oakdale, Connecticut! I guarantee you you'll see your statement in a different light. Good Lord, one could wish!

I personally think Keiston Jones is better than Chiles at Ballard but I wasn't asked to vote. Such is life. Congratulations to Mike Szabo for being Coach of the Year.

Edited by tcjkbt
correction

Bring them to Oakdale, Connecticut! I guarantee you you'll see your statement in a different light. Good Lord, one could wish!

 

:confused:

:confused:

 

Oakdale, home of St. Thomas More Prep. I will take their five against your five anyday.

 

If your five can even stop the wings from scoring, you'll still have to defend the country's top soph 6'11 Andre' Drummond.

 

Their all very good players, but once you see what's outside of Kentucky it is an eye-opener.

I thought Keisten Jones was one of the top 5 players that I saw play this year. Along with Daryl Hicks. They put on a great show at Rupp.

 

As for Polson, I look forward to watching him play at the next level regardless of the team or level. I have watched him enough to know that he is capable of succeeding at the next level whether he makes the KY All Star team or not. I'd love to see how many other players in this state that could accomplish what he accomplished over the last 2 years. I have yet to see a player make those around him better the way he did. His spot on the first team is very deserving.

I agree it is a total joke! Timmy Knipp is first team all the way and should use his second team selection as fuel on the fire for next season. Hate to admit this but it seems the CJ is a little more in the know regarding mountain basketball than the LHL, or so it seems?

Congrats to all who were honored.

 

I'd take Elisha Justice, Josh Sewell, Ricardo Johnson, Elijah Pittman, and Chane Behanan against any other starting 5 in the country.

 

:lol::lol::lol:

 

You can't be serious.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.