Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Michael Gilchrist to Kentucky

Featured Replies

Does he have the impact Wall had and push for POY? He is best player in high school basketball regardless of class they say.

 

I doubt it. He isn't flashy, and with the class they are likely to bring in for 2011 he isn't likely to put up those type of numbers. I could see him pushing for SEC POY and fighting for a spot on the 1st Team All American list, but in the middle of the pack for something like POY...

  • Replies 33
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This isn't that big of a surprise

 

:ohbrother:

 

Big day for UK!

 

:dancingpa:dancingpa

When a player verbals, is he hands off other schools for recruitment? Is this a NCAA rule, one of those "unwritten" rules, or can other schools still come after an athlete even after a verbal commitment?

When a player verbals, is he hands off other schools for recruitment? Is this a NCAA rule, one of those "unwritten" rules, or can other schools still come after an athlete even after a verbal commitment?

Fair game until the LOI is signed...

  • Author
Fair game until the LOI is signed...

 

Is that a similar situation to what's basically going on with Austin Rivers and his soft verbal to Florida?

Is that a similar situation to what's basically going on with Austin Rivers and his soft verbal to Florida?

Yup...

Fair game until the LOI is signed...

 

I remember Joe Hall doing the same thing by going after Dickie Beal when he had verballed to DePaul I believe. :thumb:

Gilchrist is a stat sheet stuffer from the wing. He's a quality scorer, but I would call him an elite scorer just yet although he has the tools to get there. He'll rebound, block shots from the weak side, dish out 4 to 5 assists a game, grab a few steals and quietly score 15 a night. He will have his nights at 20-25 a game for sure, but it isn't going to happen on a nightly basis because he has a great feel for the game and basketball IQ and knows when to get his and when to let his teammates shine. UK fans will flat out love his effort, but he isn't the media darling type as he's pretty quiet and reserved off the floor...

 

Of Gilchrist, Teague, & Quincy Miller, who is the most polished scorer?

Of Gilchrist, Teague, & Quincy Miller, who is the most polished scorer?

Right now probably Teague, but Miller isn't far behind. I expect Miller to pass him in that regard by the time they hit college...

  • Author

I love Miller's confidence and intensity on the floor.

I remember Joe Hall doing the same thing by going after Dickie Beal when he had verballed to DePaul I believe. :thumb:

 

Correct.

I love Miller's confidence and intensity on the floor.

He dogged it a lot last weekend in Virginia. I wasn't impressed with him motor at all, but it was obviously a small sample size...

I remember seeing a story on Gilchrest a few years ago in USA Today. His round-trip commute from his home to his school is over 150 miles.

I remember seeing a story on Gilchrest a few years ago in USA Today. His round-trip commute from his home to his school is over 150 miles.

 

Shew. I had 70 miles under my belt for over 10 years, but 150 miles. WOW.

Shew. I had 70 miles under my belt for over 10 years, but 150 miles. WOW.

 

I'm doing 70 right now, and it's definitely tough.

 

Couldn't imagine doing 150 daily.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.