Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who You Got?

Featured Replies

With the signing period approaching, who do you think ends up as Kentucky's recruiting class for 2010? Not who you really want, not what Jerry Meyer thinks, but your honest opinion on how UK's class will shape up this season.

 

 

 

I'll say

 

Brandon Knight

CJ Leslie

Enes Kanter

Doron Lamb

Stacey Poole

 

with the chance of another big coming in, (wishfully Terrence Jones but it is unlikely that happens), and the rest of the roster to be filled out with a couple walk-ons in order to save scholly's for 2011.

 

 

 

I know that's not walking out on a limb or anything, but that's just how I feel it ends up.

Brandon Knight

CJ Leslie

Enes Kanter

Doron Lamb

Stacey Poole

 

Polson

That's a pretty good squad. I think the biggest thing we need is a solid post guy and Ill play anyone with Dodson and Miller added into this team.

Stay Poole, Enes Kanter,Brandon Knight,CJ Leslie and Terrence Jones.All I read and hear on Jones Ilike our chances more and more .

No way we get Jones. He wants to stay close to home.

 

Knight

Leslie

Lamb

Kanter

Poole

Polson

Why does everyone think Lamb is coming all of a sudden? I thought it was pretty much a done deal he was headed elsewhere, or am I thinking of somebody else?

Kanter

Poole

Knight

Leslie

Selby

 

And one more solid recruit...maybe Lamb, Jones or Cothron...or maybe someone in the next tier. Neither scenario would surprise me.

 

Just a guess. We'll see. I feel pretty good about the first four (definitely the first two :D). Selby's a guess...just a feeling we get him.

 

There are definitely people on here more informed on the recruiting than I am. Perhaps they can offer more. I'm confident Calipari is going to deliver another excellent class and hopefully we can get rolling toward the future and a more balanced roster in a 3-4 years after the unexpected pleasure of this past season.

Why does everyone think Lamb is coming all of a sudden? I thought it was pretty much a done deal he was headed elsewhere, or am I thinking of somebody else?

 

Because almost every kid who ever picks up basketball dreams of playing for Kentucky and the ones who don't want to play for John Calipari. We have them both. And, if that isn't enough, we'll pay them more. :D

Why does everyone think Lamb is coming all of a sudden? I thought it was pretty much a done deal he was headed elsewhere, or am I thinking of somebody else?

 

I think you are right. I thought he was pretty much a lock for Arizona unless I am mistaken.

I think you are right. I thought he was pretty much a lock for Arizona unless I am mistaken.

 

He was thought to be.... Until he said they were off his list.

  • Author
I think you are right. I thought he was pretty much a lock for Arizona unless I am mistaken.

 

 

Has a lot of ties to Zona' through his old AAU team, the NYC derived Gaucho's who have produced a ton of talent. Many felt the coaching ties would be what lead him to the desert, he then in turn dropped them from his list of potential suitors during McD's week. With Bledsoe opting to turn pro too, I really think Doron Lamb to Kentucky is going to happen, unless Cal pulls the rabbit out of the hat and gets a monster catch like Josh Selby or Cory Joseph. Getting one of those although a possibility, is more less a pipe dream so Lamb seems a lot more likely. Can score the ball very well, and can play the two guard position effectively. He has said he wants to play the point a little bit because I think he knows if he has a future in the league it is by playing point. If Knight comes in, he can without a doubt be able to play off the ball as well, so I think Lamb/Knight could coexist in the same back court very well. Let's not forget Lamb has played for Oak Hill the past few seasons, so he is used to sharing the ball with talent. Anytime you can get one of Steve Smiths best kids, you have to be more than happy about it.

So we don't have a big guy if Kanter can't play?

Has a lot of ties to Zona' through his old AAU team, the NYC derived Gaucho's who have produced a ton of talent. Many felt the coaching ties would be what lead him to the desert, he then in turn dropped them from his list of potential suitors during McD's week. With Bledsoe opting to turn pro too, I really think Doron Lamb to Kentucky is going to happen, unless Cal pulls the rabbit out of the hat and gets a monster catch like Josh Selby or Cory Joseph. Getting one of those although a possibility, is more less a pipe dream so Lamb seems a lot more likely. Can score the ball very well, and can play the two guard position effectively. He has said he wants to play the point a little bit because I think he knows if he has a future in the league it is by playing point. If Knight comes in, he can without a doubt be able to play off the ball as well, so I think Lamb/Knight could coexist in the same back court very well. Let's not forget Lamb has played for Oak Hill the past few seasons, so he is used to sharing the ball with talent. Anytime you can get one of Steve Smiths best kids, you have to be more than happy about it.

 

That is very true. Thanks for the info! I don't keep up with it that much, but remembered that AZ was in the lead according to many.

 

Either way, I have faith that Calipari will bring in another solid recruiting class. Have no reason to think he won't!

So we don't have a big guy if Kanter can't play?

 

Maybe, just maybe, (and I could be way off base here), ... I think Cal thinks Orton may be back. Orton could possibly shore himself up as a lottery pick with another year and would be 'the man' in the post for the Cats. We got to see some real positive flashes in the 2nd half of the season and his offensive skills showed bigtime improvement. He has a nice looking midrange shot which surprised me.

 

Maybe I am just hoping, but I really think Orton will be back and papa Orton will be happy to see Daniel being the anchor in the middle.

I think Lamb will end up at St. John's.

I think Lamb will end up at St. John's.

 

Wow ;Really Has the interest just began since the hire of Lavin?:idunno: Is he that good of a recruiter?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.