Nets to offer 12 - 15 Million to Coach K

That sum is just unprecedented and (IMO) unjustified... Phil Jackson is the highest paid coach in the NBA, has 10 NBA titles, and even he does not make that much. I think he's somewhere in the $10,000,000 range.

I believe Phil is over 10 million a year, but could be wrong. He has earned it though in the NBA.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope he never leaves Duke until retirement. Coach K is a great ambassador of the game, and I think he fits at a place where he molds young men for the future. Coach K epitomizes the college game.

Nail on the head right there:thumb:. He is one of the faces of college basketball.

He was very well liked by the biggest names in the game as the Olympic coach in 08, so maybe he fits the mold better than everyone thinks...:idunno:

Exactly what I was thinking.

Didn't K get these super stars to actually make a commitment to the team instead of just showing up and putting on the team USA jersey ?

Exactly what I was thinking.

Didn't K get these super stars to actually make a commitment to the team instead of just showing up and putting on the team USA jersey ?

No. I think it was Jerry Colangelo(sp?), the chairman of USA Basketball who was requiring a 3 year commitment from all those who accepted the invitation to play for Team USA. He and LeBron are having it out now because LeBron can't play his summer and Colangelo is saying that if you don't play this summer you can't be on the team.

A key thing to consider is not just Coach K. If the contract approaches $75 - 100 million, he has set his children and possibly his grandchildern with a more comfortable life financially.

I would think that his grandchildren are set for life. I'd be very surprised if he needed that kind of contract to financially set up his family. Coach K doesn't strike me as the greedy type plus he has said he isn't interested according to Chris Sheridan.

I think he should at least talk to this Russian billionaire after tonight. What does he make now? 2.5?

I'd say he makes around 2.5 for coaching but there is no telling how much he makes outside of coaching. Shoe contract, endorsements(American Express,etc) and speaking engagements are things outside of coaching that I am sure are very lucrative for him.

3.6 million.