Nets to offer 12 - 15 Million to Coach K

That means he's definitely leaving.

"Wouldn't be" means "I'm not interested in taking it, because I've already signed the contract so I don't need to be."

:jump:

Call me crazy, but I don't think Coach K is the type of guy that will give the Nets or Duke the Runaround. I think he'll be up front and honest from the start with both teams.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Call me crazy, but I don't think Coach K is the type of guy that will give the Nets or Duke the Runaround. I think he'll be up front and honest from the start with both teams.

I'm sure you're right. Coach K wouldn't just turn his back on Duke and negotiate under the table... Just doesn't seem to be his way of doing things.

Johnny Dawkins would burn every piece of furniture he owned if Coach K left... :lol:

Honestly, I don't know who Duke would target... It's impossible for me to picture anybody else coaching that team. Jay Wright maybe?

It would be a former Duke player. I'd say Dawkins would be the front runner. In his interview with Dan Patrick he pretty much stated that it would be someone close to the program.

He already has said he isn't interested though so I don't expect to hear his name being mentioned for the job again.

He was very well liked by the biggest names in the game as the Olympic coach in 08, so maybe he fits the mold better than everyone thinks...:idunno:

I agree...Coach K fits the NBA better than some of you think. All of those on the Olympic team had a lot of respect for Coach K and really liked him. Let's not forget that Lebron has said he probably would've ended up at Duke had he went to college.

With the Nets targeting LBJ, it makes sense to try and bring Coach K in to "coach' him.

Who would Duke target to replace him on the slim chance he would go?

Gino Auriemma has said that if the Duke job ever opened up, he would actively pursue it.

Duke is the only men's head coaching job that he said he'd ever leave UConn for.

I think he should at least talk to this Russian billionaire after tonight. What does he make now? 2.5?

I'd say he makes around 2.5 for coaching but there is no telling how much he makes outside of coaching. Shoe contract, endorsements(American Express,etc) and speaking engagements are things outside of coaching that I am sure are very lucrative for him.

I agree...Coach K fits the NBA better than some of you think. All of those on the Olympic team had a lot of respect for Coach K and really liked him. Let's not forget that Lebron has said he probably would've ended up at Duke had he went to college.

With the Nets targeting LBJ, it makes sense to try and bring Coach K in to "coach' him.

Gino Auriemma has said that if the Duke job ever opened up, he would actively pursue it.

Duke is the only men's head coaching job that he said he'd ever leave UConn for.

Kobe said he would have gone to Duke. LeBron said he would have gone to Ohio State. Kobe wanted and was the reason the Lakers went after Coach K.

That sum is just unprecedented and (IMO) unjustified... Phil Jackson is the highest paid coach in the NBA, has 10 NBA titles, and even he does not make that much. I think he's somewhere in the $10,000,000 range.