Cooper 4 Gallatin County 3

hja1224

The Jags go to 4-1 on the season in another nail biter. Thompson started for Cooper and walked the first two batters of the game. He recovered to get the next two outs but back to back to back two out hits, the last one one hopping the fence, scores 3 in the first for Gallatin County. He settles down and pitches two shut out innings after the first. Tyler Dillilo makes his varsity pitching debut and pitches two shutout innings, recording 3 K's. Brownfield follows and with the help of a smooth 5-4-3 double play pitches two shutout innings for the win.

Gallatin's pitcher was very good and I hear he pitches for the KY Colonel's summer team but I had no names. He pitched the complete 7 innings. IMO too much for this early in the season as he had to go over 100 pitches (but I didn't count, so I'm not for sure).

Cooper scores 3 in the 3rd to tie it with a hit by Whitehead, a walk to Blank and after a bunt moves them up by Brownfield, Bjurquist hits a sac fly and Blank scores from 2nd on a missed cut-off throw to tie the game.

All tied to the bottom of the 7th when Blank leads off with a hit and then the fun started. Brownfield bunts a good one, they try to get Blank at 2nd and he is safe as the throw goes into center field, Blank goes to 3rd and as he dives into the 3rd baseman the ball gets by him and into the dugout and the runners move the extra base for the win.

I felt bad for the pitcher as he threw a very nice game.

Whitehead has two hits.

Blank was 2-2 with a walk.

Brownfield gets the win.

The Jags go to 4-1 on the season in another nail biter. Thompson started for Cooper and walked the first two batters of the game. He recovered to get the next two outs but back to back to back two out hits, the last one one hopping the fence, scores 3 in the first for Gallatin County. He settles down and pitches two shut out innings after the first. Tyler Dillilo makes his varsity pitching debut and pitches two shutout innings, recording 3 K's. Brownfield follows and with the help of a smooth 5-4-3 double play pitches two shutout innings for the win.

Gallatin's pitcher was very good and I hear he pitches for the KY Colonel's summer team but I had no names. He pitched the complete 7 innings. IMO too much for this early in the season as he had to go over 100 pitches (but I didn't count, so I'm not for sure).

Cooper scores 3 in the 3rd to tie it with a hit by Whitehead, a walk to Blank and after a bunt moves them up by Brownfield, Bjurquist hits a sac fly and Blank scores from 2nd on a missed cut-off throw to tie the game.

All tied to the bottom of the 7th when Blank leads off with a hit and then the fun started. Brownfield bunts a good one, they try to get Blank at 2nd and he is safe as the throw goes into center field, Blank goes to 3rd and as he dives into the 3rd baseman the ball gets by him and into the dugout and the runners move the extra base for the win.

I felt bad for the pitcher as he threw a very nice game.

Whitehead has two hits.

Blank was 2-2 with a walk.

Brownfield gets the win.

Great job again guys! Wow, I can't believe they would let some kid throw that many pitches this early in the season, actually any time during the year.