Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 2009-2010

Featured Replies

Thought this video goes along well with the thread...

 

 

Well, that video just made me cry again! This season was so very special and I enjoyed it so much.

  • Replies 38
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks MJ.

 

Ha, don't me. I stole it off of KSR, but ya'll are welcome anyway.

 

I had goosebumbs. It was a good year for UK basketball.

These guys made UK basketball fun, exciting and relevant again.

 

It may not have ended the way I wanted, but I sure enjoyed the ride...this was a fun season and a fun tournament. Win or lose, knowing your team is good enough to win six in March makes it exciting.

 

I'm looking forward to next season. Hopefully we'll have a few familiar faces returning.

The ideal scenario for UK would be having Orton and Bledsoe come back. (I think any talk of Patterson, Wall or Cousins returning is naive until proven differently, of course :D)

 

If they return with Dodson, Liggins and Miller + New recruits = this team could jell into a contender by the end of the year. :thumb:

If you would have told me UK would win 35 games and make it to the Elite 8 this time last season, I think anyone would have signed up for that.

If you would have told me UK would win 35 games and make it to the Elite 8 this time last season, I think anyone would have signed up for that.

 

:thumb:

 

Amen. The game Saturday was certainly a frustrating way to end the season, but you've got reflect and put it in perspective. This was an awesome season. I hated to see it end simply because I loved watching these guys play basketball.

 

I agree with Hatz. Until Wall, Cousins or Patterson announce their return, I'm assuming they're gone. But, I'm hopeful that Bledsoe and Orton will return.

  • Author
Well, that video just made me cry again! This season was so very special and I enjoyed it so much.

 

Almost times two.

 

This was a magical season and that video gives me chills and almost makes me cry.

Almost times two.

 

This was a magical season and that video gives me chills and almost makes me cry.

 

X2 :thumb:

  • Author

Curious question for everyone:

 

How are the fans and people in your area acting after the Cats lost?

 

I know all season and during the tournament prior to the WVU debacle, everything was Kentucky shirts, Kentucky hats, and Kentucky conversations. I went to a flea market and everyone was decked out in their Kentucky gear talking about Wall, Cousins, and Patterson.

 

I went out yesterday and although I saw several Kentucky-clad people, it certainly wasn't as many.

 

Does this loss put all the bandwagon fans back in the house?

Curious question for everyone:

 

How are the fans and people in your area acting after the Cats lost?

 

I know all season and during the tournament prior to the WVU debacle, everything was Kentucky shirts, Kentucky hats, and Kentucky conversations. I went to a flea market and everyone was decked out in their Kentucky gear talking about Wall, Cousins, and Patterson.

 

I went out yesterday and although I saw several Kentucky-clad people, it certainly wasn't as many.

 

Does this loss put all the bandwagon fans back in the house?

 

 

My sister said she saw a UK Flag flying at half-mast in Nicholasville yesterday. :lol:

I'm sporting my UK sweatshirt today, as I usually am.

 

I haven't heard a lot of talk about the game... Just a few "It was good while it lasted" type remarks... It's been better than I expected here today, honestly. I think the fact that everyone had a day to soak it in really helped.

I feel Hunter McClintock would have been the difference maker on this team:D

 

This team was a joy to watch. It felt great knowing we had a shot to win it all. They achieved everything I expected out of a group with as much talent as they had and I feel they represented UK with class.

 

Great post, SSF :thumb:

Nice post, and on Bama/Coach Saban nice comparison. I pick then to beat Ohio Buckeyes in the BCSCG next year.

One "what if" for this team will always be:

 

What if Meeks had stayed for his Senior season?

 

His shot would have filled deficiencies this team had on the perimeter and we would perhaps be flirting with a "Greatest of All Time" discussion.

 

Oh, well; coulda, woulda, shoulda. :idunno:

 

I'm just going to smile and remember how great it really was. :thumb:

This really was a special season. I forgot about Wall's game winner, the UNC game and how speacial all those times were. Re-watching Calipari's speech was bone chilling, and it was funny to see the "original" Joahn Wall dance, where it all started. But truly a great season, and this is the first stepping stone into an array of many great feats to be accomplished.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.