Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Proposal 20 Passed

Featured Replies

Beachwood beats NCC twice a Year to get there, and Belfry dumped O Cath in a State game...

 

They defeated teams in their "Class". But they aren't the true champion. You guys argue that you have to beat the best to be a "True" and not watered down "whining" champion. Beechwood and Belfry should have to beat the AAA and/or AAAA champion to be a "True Champion".

 

Class A champion means nothing, just like Private School Champion or Public School Champion. It's watered down. Not my words but it is the argument you guys are making.

  • Replies 522
  • Views 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They defeated teams in their "Class". But they aren't the true champion. You guys argue that you have to beat the best to be a "True" and not watered down "whining" champion. Beechwood and Belfry should have to beat the AAA and/or AAAA champion to be a "True Champion".

 

Class A champion means nothing, just like Private School Champion or Public School Champion. It's watered down. Not my words but it is the argument you guys are making.

Beechwood has beaten a FIVE time 3A Champ for most of the last Decade...

So when did the argument turn to who could beat who in each class? Your title is not "watered down" because someone says you can't beat another class. It's becomes a shampion when you dont play the best in your OWN class.

I don't think the people who have the good sense to oppose this division are considering themselves superior. I think they are at a loss to explain why so many public schools would want to pursue this option. What other conclusion can they come to other than the fact that these schools simply want to win more championships--regardless of the depth of their competition. Or should I say, "The lack thereof"?

 

Just for the record, I went to public school. Our greatest competition always came from the private schools--NCC and later CCHS. Sometimes, they ended our season sooner than we would have liked. We wouldn't have had it any other way!

 

I know that many of you don't feel you are superior, but anyone objective reading these posts can draw no other conclusion.

 

If schools consistently cannot compete with the privates, why would privates want to continue to win titles over these "clearly inferior opponents". What is so wrong with separate championships? I have read another poster in another thread and he makes tremendous sense with the stance that this can be a good situation for the privates by freeing up schedule commitments and allowing a more competitive regular season and still providing a state championship.

So when did the argument turn to who could beat who in each class? Your title is not "watered down" because someone says you can't beat another class. It's becomes a shampion when you dont play the best in your OWN class.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I've grown fatigued reading many of these public-bashing posts. It seems that many of you who are doing the bashing come from urban areas.

 

As a rural dweller with no private high school in our county, I think I speak for many of the Commonwealth's 120 counties.

 

Do the math....48 private schools.....120 counties.....multiple private schools in Jefferson, Fayette, Campbell, Kenton, Boone....probably 100 counties that have no private high school within their boundaries.

 

Particularly, the Sweet Sixteen is, and always has been, a grass roots tournament. I can remember the last championship game played in Louisville was the KHSAA's nightmare. LexCath vs. UHA or something like that...not enough people in attendance to start a good fight.

 

My point is, the vast majority of the rural counties in this state have very little compassion for the private schools. Attendance at the Sweet Sixteen will not wane at all, in my opinion.

In any event, the sun will come out tomorrow and a billion or so Chinese will not know a thing about it.

 

Are they going to sleep through tomorrow or what? How could a billion Chinese not know the sun came out?

 

:D

Beechwood has beaten a FIVE time 3A Champ for most of the last Decade...

 

 

I'm well aware of how good Beechwood has been and is. But the facts are we haven't seen them compete at the end of the season against the AA, AAA, or AAAA champion. Likewise in your stance that the new championships for public schools are meaningless and not worthy, then neither are these championships for each class. Because we dont know whom the "True Champion" is.

I'm well aware of how good Beechwood has been and is. But the facts are we haven't seen them compete at the end of the season against the AA' date=' AAA, or AAAA champion. [b']Likewise in your stance that the new championships for public schools are meaningless and not worthy,[/b] then neither are these championships for each class. Because we dont know whom the "True Champion" is.

Where have I made that argument again???

I must state, who really cares??? It's HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS...yes, I am a fan of my teams and love sports, but let's try to have a little perspective here. I know this post will garner much backlash and negative remarks, but I really don't care. IMHO, it's ridiculous...BOTH sides. Also, one gets the impression from reading this that it's all about football. Personally, it looks like the private schools hold much greater sway in the minor sports. Have any public schools EVER wonn state in volleyball? Who's the last public school to win state in swimming or tennis? I really don't know, but I imagine those instances have been few and veeeeeeeery far between. Anyway, I'm surprised it passed, probably won't be enacted as it stands now, might have some compromise put in place, I don't know. In any event, the sun will come out tomorrow and a billion or so Chinese will not know a thing about it.

 

 

Most of the 195 that voted for this proposal could give a rip about 4A football, St. X and Trinity.

 

This is driven in large part by the total disparity in girls' athletics and some minor sports. The private schools have done little in boys' basketball or A, AA or AAA football.

 

Maybe St. X and Trinity could get a home and home series going with Evangel Christian.

Where have I made that argument again???

 

 

I don't believe anyone has.

So when did the argument turn to who could beat who in each class? Your title is not "watered down" because someone says you can't beat another class. It's becomes a shampion when you dont play the best in your OWN class.

 

 

What is your definition of "Class"? Some people feel the privates are a "Class". Obviously football is not the only sport effected, but I'm merely pointing out that separating the championships would not diminish a title by Henry Clay just because they didn't beat a private school or different "Class" school.

What is your definition of "Class"? Some people feel the privates are a "Class". Obviously football is not the only sport effected' date=' but I'm merely pointing out that separating the championships would not diminish a title by Henry Clay just because they didn't beat a private school or different "Class" school.[/quote']

Take X and T out RIGHT NOW, and HC's Title means the same???

Where have I made that argument again???

 

Not necessarily you specifically. Just the private school supporters. Frankly there are so many posts at this point I dont even remember who is on which side.

 

I didn't mean to infer you as much as just a general statement at those so adamently opposed.

I've grown fatigued reading many of these public-bashing posts. It seems that many of you who are doing the bashing come from urban areas.

 

As a rural dweller with no private high school in our county, I think I speak for many of the Commonwealth's 120 counties.

 

Do the math....48 private schools.....120 counties.....multiple private schools in Jefferson, Fayette, Campbell, Kenton, Boone....probably 100 counties that have no private high school within their boundaries.

 

Particularly, the Sweet Sixteen is, and always has been, a grass roots tournament. I can remember the last championship game played in Louisville was the KHSAA's nightmare. LexCath vs. UHA or something like that...not enough people in attendance to start a good fight.

 

My point is, the vast majority of the rural counties in this state have very little compassion for the private schools. Attendance at the Sweet Sixteen will not wane at all, in my opinion.

 

 

:thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.