Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chad Ford on Daniel Orton.

Featured Replies

Looks like Orton found his offensive game right in time...he has made some good post moves and some very difficult shots so far in the tournament. I have thought that he is a can't miss defensive prospect, but there is no doubt that his offensive outburst of late has made his draft stock sky rocket.

 

I think, barring any major injuries, Orton is an 8-10 year player at least. He will definitely be able to defend from the center position on the next level and that alone could make him some big bucks. Hopefully he comes back and becomes a 5-10 pick instead of leaving now and getting drafted at the end of the 1st.

He's gone...i've heard from one former player that he really doesn't want to be in college and he doesn't hide that. If he feels he will be a top 20 pick...he is another 1 and done.

I was really hoping to see how well Orton was going to develop during the offseason. Guess that isn't happening now lol.

I just can't believe that someone would take him in the lottery. Orton doesn't have the game or maturity to be on an NBA roster right now. He is a little timid on the offensive end, and though he can be a defensive force he's no where near consistent on that end either.

 

With a year or two I think he could be a shorter, wider version of Andrew Bynum. Now I just don't see what he would bring to the table for a few years.

 

As for Aldrich I've always thought he'd be about like Joel Pryzbilla at the NBA level. Not a star, but he'll be a nice big guy off the bench for a number of years in the NBA. He doesn't have the athleticism to be a frontline star in the NBA, but I think he's too polished and has too much size to not ever make any impact like Montross.

I just can't believe that someone would take him in the lottery. Orton doesn't have the game or maturity to be on an NBA roster right now. He is a little timid on the offensive end, and though he can be a defensive force he's no where near consistent on that end either.

 

With a year or two I think he could be a shorter, wider version of Andrew Bynum. Now I just don't see what he would bring to the table for a few years.

 

As for Aldrich I've always thought he'd be about like Joel Pryzbilla at the NBA level. Not a star, but he'll be a nice big guy off the bench for a number of years in the NBA. He doesn't have the athleticism to be a frontline star in the NBA, but I think he's too polished and has too much size to not ever make any impact like Montross.

 

I really have no clue, but perhaps teams feel he will improve enough that next season, he'll be a top five or so pick and they don't want to lose out?

 

I really have no idea why you take him right now. He is in the infancy steps of being a pro.

I really have no clue, but perhaps teams feel he will improve enough that next season, he'll be a top five or so pick and they don't want to lose out?

I really have no idea why you take him right now. He is in the infancy steps of being a pro.

 

I could see that I guess. But most of these lottery teams will be here again next year and I personally would take someone who could help me now instead of waiting 3 years for Orton to develop on a bad team.

 

I see the intrigue of Orton as he's coming off and injury and is so young that it looks like he could be a major talent. I just can't imagine taking him in the top 20 right now.

I'd rate Orton higher than Bledsoe.

I'd rate Orton higher than Bledsoe.

 

I actually would too. I couldn't imagine Bledsoe going up against Deron Williams or CP3 next year.:thumb:

If you are 6'10 and have any type of athleticism or can offer 2-4 minutes in a game then you will get drafted and play in the NBA. Go through the rosters and check out what some 6'10 or taller players make. It is ridiculous and they only avg 2pts a game.

I'd absolutely draft Daniel Orton before I'd draft Cole Aldrich. Aldrich is a senior...where would you project Orton's game to be at if he stayed at UK for four years?

 

Cole Aldrich = Eric Montross

 

Orton = Alonzo Mourning. If he stayed all four years like Mourning, he'd have a shot at being a top 3 pick.

Orton = Alonzo Mourning. If he stayed all four years like Mourning, he'd have a shot at being a top 3 pick.

 

I'm with you. I think Orton could potentially make a big move up the draft board by staying. But, he'd go in the first round right now, so I can't fault him for going if he does.

I love Orton, he reminds me of Jamal Maglore from the Pitino years. Hes rough, tough and will slam you or the ball whenever he feels like it. I liked how he took up for Cousins and I love that he is an intimidation factor every game he comes into. These two complement each other like Maglore and Nazr Mohammed did back in the day.

I still love when Maglore rolled over Wolciechowski on ESPN Classic.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.