Who besides UK was not overrated in the NCAA Tourney?

rockmom

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be carefull with this thread, if UK loses Thursday I think many people will be calling them over rated.

I don't feel like they'd be overrated. Most pundits predicted them to be the first one seed out, to not make the Final Four. Heck, based on the "experts" brackets, we're scheduled to lose to Wisconsin.. errr.. Cornell. And then if we don't, we'll most certainly lose to WVU.

If everyone is overrated, who gets to be the other three No. 1 seeds? If everyone is overrated, does the Top 25 look like this:

1) Kentucky

18) Duke

21) Syracuse

24) Kansas

Also receiving votes: a bunch of other rotten teams.

I still don't understand the Kansas is overrated talk. They got beat. What in their regular season DIDN'T warrant the number 1 overall seed? Name me ONE team that had a better total season?

This is the way I look at it:

Kansas had a season that is worthy of a #1 seed.

Their most impressive win(s)? The three against KSU. That's it.

I said during the season I thought they were overrated. Outside of those three wins, they didn't prove anything to me. They beat an NIT Memphis team by two, barely hung on against Nebraska and Iowa St. Oklahoma St. beat them.

I remember when Tennessee beat them, I was so excited. I dislike Tennessee more than most, and it wasn't the fact that I wanted Kansas to lose. It was the fact that the media made Kansas out to be heads and shoulders above everyone else. In honesty, almost the entire sports media picked Kansas to win the title. Cole and Sherron, that's all they talked about. I never thought they were heads and shoulders above everyone else. At one point, I thought they were the fourth best team.

They deserved their seeding, but they didn't deserve the title of being the overwhelming favorites to win the title.

This is the way I look at it:

Kansas had a season that is worthy of a #1 seed.

Their most impressive win(s)? The three against KSU. That's it.

Do you consider UK overrated? We can't call one team overrated, and not say our own team is, unless your being bias. I am a UK fan, but UK had even less impressive wins this year than Kansas in the regular season. Maybe we just haven't played a team as good as N. Iowa yet in this tournament. If we are going to call Kansas overrated, then every pundit had every reason to think UK was overrated. So if Kansas is overrated, then our team UK is overrated to so far because they haven't proven much yet either.

(Kansas was not overrated IMO. However if people think they were, then at this point, they should also think UK is overrated at this point.)

Do you consider UK overrated? We can't call one team overrated, and not say our own team is, unless your being bias. I am a UK fan, but UK had even less impressive wins this year than Kansas in the regular season. Maybe we just haven't played a team as good as N. Iowa yet in this tournament. If we are going to call Kansas overrated, then every pundit had every reason to think UK was overrated. So if Kansas is overrated, then our team UK is overrated to so far because they haven't proven much yet either.

(Kansas was not overrated IMO. However if people think they were, then at this point, they should also think UK is overrated at this point.)

But Kentucky had tougher OOC opponents scheduled, not their fault that UNC, UConn, and Louisville have all faltered this year. On a good year that would have been a tough schedule. If you go through Kansas schedule you won't find teams comparable to UK's even though both teams don't have a lot of quality wins.

The North Carolina and Connecticut teams were much different teams than the ones that ended the year. Carolina walloped Michigan St., held it's own with Texas, who was actually good at the time, and played some of the best. Connecticut beat Texas, had a fairly good non-conference, but fell apart in the conference.

What I'm saying is Carolina and Connecticut, even Louisville, were good top-25 teams when Kentucky played them. Kansas played Texas after they had fallen apart. Played a Memphis team that never proved anything.