March 23, 201016 yr The North Carolina and Connecticut teams were much different teams than the ones that ended the year. Carolina walloped Michigan St., held it's own with Texas, who was actually good at the time, and played some of the best. Connecticut beat Texas, had a fairly good non-conference, but fell apart in the conference. What I'm saying is Carolina and Connecticut, even Louisville, were good top-25 teams when Kentucky played them. Kansas played Texas after they had fallen apart. Played a Memphis team that never proved anything. Is there an echo in here?:lol:
March 23, 201016 yr Duh, whoever's not in it at the moment. If KY gets beat Thursday night, they'll be overrated too.
March 23, 201016 yr Is there an echo in here?:lol: I elaborated on your post. You simply said they scheduled them and they weren't good. I pointed out that at one time this year, they were good.
March 23, 201016 yr I elaborated on your post. You simply said they scheduled them and they weren't good. I pointed out that at one time this year, they were good. I know, I was just joking anyway.
March 23, 201016 yr The North Carolina and Connecticut teams were much different teams than the ones that ended the year. Carolina walloped Michigan St., held it's own with Texas, who was actually good at the time, and played some of the best. Connecticut beat Texas, had a fairly good non-conference, but fell apart in the conference. What I'm saying is Carolina and Connecticut, even Louisville, were good top-25 teams when Kentucky played them. Kansas played Texas after they had fallen apart. Played a Memphis team that never proved anything. Kansas played Texas twice didn't they? If so, at least one of those game was before Texas completely fell off. Then I don't who you are, its hard to beat a team three times in one year, and to beat a top 10 team at that, is impressive. More impressive than any win for UK this year and they did it three times. Also didn't they have to play Baylor? Just their whole conference as a whole was better than UK. Memphis earlier in the year as you said about those teams, was better than they were at the end of the year. Kansas also played Cornell in the season, which we have seen how good they are. Only UK fans would think that UK has proven more in the season than Kansas did. I could understand you saying Kansas didn't prove much with who they played, but if you say that. Then you have to say the samething about UK. They didn't prove anything more than Kansas did. Kansas was not overrated at all, and deserved to be the favorite. They had talent just like us, and experience which we don't have. They lost though, and that happens. It doesn't mean they were overrated. Just like if UK loses this Thursday, it doesn't mean they were overrated.
March 23, 201016 yr Duh, whoever's not in it at the moment. If KY gets beat Thursday night, they'll be overrated too. For once I completely agree. Its definitely to early to be calling teams overrated. I don't think Kansas was overrated at all, they just simply lost. UK could very well lose Thursday and be done. Kansas deserved to be the #1 team in the tournament, and was not overrated at all.
March 23, 201016 yr How Kansas was overrated I will never know. They thoroughly dominated Kansas State this season, and KState could realistically make the Final Four that should be enough said.
March 23, 201016 yr How Kansas was overrated I will never know. They thoroughly dominated Kansas State this season, and KState could realistically make the Final Four that should be enough said. I am a UK fan. However I can't believe people would say Kansas was overrated, and try to say because they haven't proven anything. If this was true, then they need to think UK was overrated too. Because we hadn't really proven anything more than them. At this moment, all we have done was just win one more game than them. Still haven't proven much then.
March 23, 201016 yr Kansas played Texas twice didn't they? If so, at least one of those game was before Texas completely fell off. Then I don't who you are, its hard to beat a team three times in one year, and to beat a top 10 team at that, is impressive. More impressive than any win for UK this year and they did it three times. Also didn't they have to play Baylor? Just their whole conference as a whole was better than UK. Memphis earlier in the year as you said about those teams, was better than they were at the end of the year. Kansas also played Cornell in the season, which we have seen how good they are. Only UK fans would think that UK has proven more in the season than Kansas did. I could understand you saying Kansas didn't prove much with who they played, but if you say that. Then you have to say the samething about UK. They didn't prove anything more than Kansas did. Kansas was not overrated at all, and deserved to be the favorite. They had talent just like us, and experience which we don't have. They lost though, and that happens. It doesn't mean they were overrated. Just like if UK loses this Thursday, it doesn't mean they were overrated. They played Texas only once, and it was after they had already fallen into pieces. They didn't play Texas when they were highly ranked. I don't think Texas was even in the top 10 when they played. Memphis was no better at the beginning of the season than they were at the end. It was only their second game under Pastner. Their best non-conference win was Cornell, and then Cal, and the Memphis. They played a below .500 UCLA and Michigan. They did have a lights out performance against Temple, when the Owls couldn't hit the side of a barn. Outside of that, they beat no one in the non-conference. They beat Baylor at home by six. They won in overtime at K-State. I already acknowledged those wins as good wins. What did Kansas prove that Kentucky didn't?
March 23, 201016 yr For once I completely agree. Its definitely to early to be calling teams overrated. I don't think Kansas was overrated at all, they just simply lost. UK could very well lose Thursday and be done. Kansas deserved to be the #1 team in the tournament, and was not overrated at all. Anybody can be beat on any given night. Sometimes teams play not to lose in the tourney, which I think was KUs downfall and has been on different occasions. With that said, I think if KU played NI 10 times, they would beat them 9.
March 23, 201016 yr Anybody can be beat on any given night. Sometimes teams play not to lose in the tourney, which I think was KUs downfall and has been on different occasions. With that said, I think if KU played NI 10 times, they would beat them 9. They were worthy of a number one seed. They won thirty-something games and won their tournament, etc. I think they were overrated in a national title standpoint. Nearly all analyst acted as if Kansas would walk through the tournament. Even during the season, folks like Jay Bilas said you have Kansas and then everyone else. That's the overrated point I am referring too.
March 23, 201016 yr I do not think Kansas was overrated, just played terrible in a game where the other team played great and had nothing to lose. Now, the Big LEast was definately overrated.
March 23, 201016 yr Anyone who says that Kansas was over rated should be suspended from BGP. LOL The great thing about the NCAA tournament is that it is a one shot thing. Any team can be the better team on any given night. It is not like pro sports where a 7 game series decides everything. Over the course of 7 games most times the better team wins. I think it is funny that we (UK fans) are talking about other teams being over rated. If UK falls to Cornell I (a die hard UK fan) would consider the Wildcats to be over rated. JMO.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.