Who besides UK was not overrated in the NCAA Tourney?

rockmom

Who cares? Kansas is the first #1 seed out and UK is still in it. If that makes Kansas overrated then great. Who really cares. I hate the word overrated. UK, Syracuse and Duke is the only teams we should be talking about right now. Quit talking about Kansas. You can talk about Kansas 'till the cows come home and it wont make them be in the Sweet 16. They lost, better luck next season. Im going to bed on a good last post. Work comes early in the morning! (4am)!!!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How Kansas was overrated I will never know. They thoroughly dominated Kansas State this season, and KState could realistically make the Final Four that should be enough said.

:thumb: KU was not overrated, they just got beat. That is the excitement of the NCAA tourney, ... on any given night. Even in 1996, Pitino commented that if the tourney were best of 3 with an opponent, he would feel much better, ... but in a one and done situation, all it takes is one team playing their best game and a much more talented team not for an upset to happen. It is crazy.

If Kansas was overrated, there wouldn't have been a large gathering of people in the common areas at Rupp Arena on Saturday watching the game cheering on No. Iowa. Those Wildcat fans knew KU was a major obstacle to an 8th title, and they'd just as soon not see the Jayhawks along that path if they could at all help it.

If Kansas was overrated, there wouldn't have been a large gathering of people in the common areas at Rupp Arena on Saturday watching the game cheering on No. Iowa. Those Wildcat fans knew KU was a major obstacle to an 8th title, and they'd just as soon not see the Jayhawks along that path if they could at all help it.

That is very true.

They played Texas only once, and it was after they had already fallen into pieces. They didn't play Texas when they were highly ranked. I don't think Texas was even in the top 10 when they played.

Memphis was no better at the beginning of the season than they were at the end. It was only their second game under Pastner.

Their best non-conference win was Cornell, and then Cal, and the Memphis. They played a below .500 UCLA and Michigan. They did have a lights out performance against Temple, when the Owls couldn't hit the side of a barn. Outside of that, they beat no one in the non-conference. They beat Baylor at home by six. They won in overtime at K-State. I already acknowledged those wins as good wins.

What did Kansas prove that Kentucky didn't?

You can't tell me that you don't like UK's Title chances much better now that Kansas is out of the way.

If people are gunna make the argument that UNC and UCONN were supposed to be good, and usually are, then you have to say that KUs game against UCLA is the same kind of game. Neither Kansas or Kentucky are or have been overrated all season. I am thrilled KU is gone, but in a way I really wanted to play them in the NC. Oh well, they were definately worthy of their number 1 seed. No doubt about it. The 3 wins over K State hds to have been extremely difficult.

Kansas, overrated.

Big East (all of the teams), overrated.

Anyone besides UK not overrated?

I'm not so sure the Big East was really that overrated, possibly a little, but that conference is pretty brutal regardless of how they have fared in the NCAA tourney.

Duke

Cornell

Syracuse

Kansas St

West Virginia

Northern Iowa

Ohio St

Washington

St Marys

Xavier