Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Big East the Big Bust???

Featured Replies

Wes was on fire today. Nice W for Cuse...

 

Easiest money I have made the whole tourney on the Cuse today.

  • Replies 41
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Show me one point I'm wrong on in my assessment of any of those three teams. There is zero sandbagging in the fact all 3 remaining Big East teams face a serious test to make the Sweet 16...

 

I'll take the challenge. After the Cleveland St. game, WVU practiced against the press and today it showed. The shot their free throws very well today. And did a good job on the glass. 3 points that you stated they were lacking in.

 

As a BE fan, the two best teams in the conference still remain. I think both make it to the Elite 8. But I think K-State will give the 'Cuse some problems and I think UK or Cornell would create problems for my 'Eers.

I'll take the challenge. After the Cleveland St. game, WVU practiced against the press and today it showed. The shot their free throws very well today. And did a good job on the glass. 3 points that you stated they were lacking in.

 

They also caught a huge break with Mizzou missing over and over again from point blank range. As long as Butler can keep hoisting them on his back on the offensive end they can make the Final 4...

As long as Butler can keep hoisting them on his back on the offensive end they can make the Final 4...

 

This is why I like them so much. Butler has carried this team in crunch-time all year. He has been as clutch as Wall & Turner and has proven to me to be one of the game's elite players.

 

As far as the Big East goes, I'm a bit surprised, but not that much. I thought Cuse & WVU were the head of the class in the league. Georgetown is the team that disappointed me the most. But overall, the Big East as a conference, was overrated this season. But its top two teams have the talent to cut down the nets.

They also caught a huge break with Mizzou missing over and over again from point blank range. As long as Butler can keep hoisting them on his back on the offensive end they can make the Final 4...

Seemed like every time I flipped to this game Missouri was missing another 10 foot jumper or layup.

Seemed like every time I flipped to this game Missouri was missing another 10 foot jumper or layup.

 

Or front end of a 1-and-1.

It all has to do with matchups. After the top 4 or 5 teams in the country any team can be beaten by a number of teams ranked and seeded a lot lower than them.

Big East notes

From the Big East

*If either Syracuse or West Virginia wins its next game, the BIG EAST would extend its streak of placing at least one team in the Elite Eight to nine years.

*The BIG EAST is the only conference that has had at least one Elite Eight team every year since 2002.

*With Syracuse and West Virginia reaching the Sweet 16 of the NCAA tournament, the BIG EAST now has 25 Sweet 16 teams in the last eight years. That total is seven more than the next-highest conference (18, Big 12) in that timespan.

*The BIG EAST is now 14-10 against top-25 opponents this season--the best record of any conference.

  • Author
Big East notes

From the Big East

*If either Syracuse or West Virginia wins its next game, the BIG EAST would extend its streak of placing at least one team in the Elite Eight to nine years.

*The BIG EAST is the only conference that has had at least one Elite Eight team every year since 2002.

*With Syracuse and West Virginia reaching the Sweet 16 of the NCAA tournament, the BIG EAST now has 25 Sweet 16 teams in the last eight years. That total is seven more than the next-highest conference (18, Big 12) in that timespan.

*The BIG EAST is now 14-10 against top-25 opponents this season--the best record of any conference.

 

Impressive but I still think that they were overrated. I'd say they were the best conference top to bottom, but they weren't the end all be all that so many made them out to be like in years past.

Impressive but I still think that they were overrated. I'd say they were the best conference top to bottom, but they weren't the end all be all that so many made them out to be like in years past.

I definitely think a few teams were seeded a few lines too high, and you can bet at least some of that is tied to how well the league showed in the tournament last year. The conference was certainly a lot different than the last few years in that it was strong top to bottom, but not elite at the top...

  • Author
I definitely think a few teams were seeded a few lines too high, and you can bet at least some of that is tied to how well the league showed in the tournament last year. The conference was certainly a lot different than the last few years in that it was strong top to bottom, but not elite at the top...

 

I think Nova, Georgetown and Pitt were all good but not always consistent and they were exposed as such in the tournament.

I think Nova, Georgetown and Pitt were all good but not always consistent and they were exposed as such in the tournament.

Indeed...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.