Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Big East the Big Bust???

Featured Replies

Big East isn't as good as it has been the past couple of years. But I don't get the whole overrated thing. Every time a team loses, does that make them overrated? No, it doesn't. That's what makes the tourney so great. It's whoever is netter any given day.

 

I don't think any "conference" is really excelling this season. No doubt, Big East hasn't done as well as most thought they would this season.

  • Replies 41
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Big East isn't as good as it has been the past couple of years. But I don't get the whole overrated thing. Every time a team loses, does that make them overrated? No, it doesn't. That's what makes the tourney so great. It's whoever is netter any given day.

 

I don't think any "conference" is really excelling this season. No doubt, Big East hasn't done as well as most thought they would this season.

It it's not like just one team lost. They are under .500 and have some very high seeds. It is shocking.

While the BEAST might not have been great this year...it was the best conference. The NCAA tourny isn't gonna be chalk every year like last year...that's why we like it so much isn't it?

The Big East is brutal because it has so many teams...and most are pretty good or better. So each game is a grind.

NCAA is about matchups...some will favor you some will not....

I still think the Big 12 was on par with the Big East this year....but Kansas goes and loses.

That is the beauty of this tourney. NIU and Kansas could play 10x and KU would win 9, and it just happened NIU got that one on the biggest stage.

I agree LABS. I think UK and Kansas were the two best teams all year, but I don't know if they could have matched what Syracused did in the regular season. When we see a really good game every night between two pretty good teams I think people forget that it still isn't future pro players. The BE probably has 2 lottery picks. UK has 3 this year. That's big. I still think UK would have lost 3 or more games in the BE hypothetically.

The Big East is brutal because it has so many teams...and most are pretty good or better. So each game is a grind.

NCAA is about matchups...some will favor you some will not....

I still think the Big 12 was on par with the Big East this year....but Kansas goes and loses.

That is the beauty of this tourney. NIU and Kansas could play 10x and KU would win 9, and it just happened NIU got that one on the biggest stage.

 

:thumb:

 

I'm with you and GT. I'm not a Big East homer, but it was the best conference. The Big 12 was next best, and it hasn't been all that great in March either.

 

I guess the Pac-10 was the top conference this season. They're undefeated in the tournament. Is my logic correct? :idunno:

I agree as well that the Big East is still the best conference but IMO Syracuse and West Virginia need to advance or it will appear that the Big East is not as good at the top as everyone thought. I still think it would be hard to argue that from top to bottom the Big East isn’t the best conference even if the 3 remaining teams lose today.

And by the way the Big East Player of the Year and his Cuse team are absolutely dismantling the Zags.

Looks like Syracuse is doing their part...

Wes was on fire today. Nice W for Cuse...

Another one bites the dust

 

Hold on. :D

Well, the two Big East teams I had in the Final Four managed to make it to the Sweet 16.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.