Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Big East the Big Bust???

Featured Replies

Everyone, including yourself GT:p has said all season that the Big East was the most talented and competitive league this season bar none. Has anyones opinion changed after just the first two rounds of the tournament?

 

Is it possible that none of the conferences were really that special this season?

  • Replies 41
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will not back down from my stance on the league one bit, and that's thinking it is likely the 3 teams left go out tomorrow. Top to bottom the league was brutal, but outside of a healthy Syracuse it was a group ranging from good to very good with no elite teams at the top and outside of DePaul no pitiful teams at the bottom. It's a totally different dynamic from last year where the league was amazing at the top, average in the middle and awful at the bottom.

 

No denying it has been a horrible showing for the league so far, and could very well get worse tomorrow. Some of it has to do with the miserable seeding from top to bottom in this tournament, and some is teams just flat out laying a rotten egg.

 

I do find it funny the league most considered right there for the top spot with the BEast has been pretty bad as well, but I've yet to see it mentioned...

I will not back down from my stance on the league one bit, and that's thinking it is likely the 3 teams left go out tomorrow.

 

 

You're kidding right? I don't see any of the Big East teams losing tomorrow.

You're kidding right? I don't see any of the Big East teams losing tomorrow.

 

Gonzaga is flat out a team that can beat a Cuse team without Onuaku. They have great size at every position and can shoot at a very high clip from deep over the zone. How they ended up a 9 seed is one of many mysteries in how this field was seeded.

 

Mizzou is exactly the type of team that gives Huggs problems. They put up a ton of points and really pressure the ball. WVU shoots at a very low clip, doesn't have even average guard play and they can't dominate the defensive glass if Mizzou is shooting at a high clip. Remember Mike Anderson knows Huggs style well from his time at UAB.

 

Pitt/X is as even a match up as you can get. The teams are almost a mirror image.

 

It could be 3-0 just as easily as it can be 0-3...

Gonzaga is flat out a team that can beat a Cuse team without Onuaku. They have great size at every position and can shoot at a very high clip from deep over the zone. How they ended up a 9 seed is one of many mysteries in how this field was seeded.

 

Mizzou is exactly the type of team that gives Huggs problems. They put up a ton of points and really pressure the ball. WVU shoots at a very low clip, doesn't have even average guard play and they can't dominate the defensive glass if Mizzou is shooting at a high clip. Remember Mike Anderson knows Huggs style well from his time at UAB.

 

Pitt/X is as even a match up as you can get. The teams are almost a mirror image.

 

It could be 3-0 just as easily as it can be 0-3...

 

 

There's a big difference between possibly and probably. I find it hard to believe you think the latter.

There's a big difference between possibly and probably. I find it hard to believe you think the latter.

I expect a 1-2 showing a hell of a lot more than I expect 3-0...

I think the Cuse wins handily tomorrow.

I expect a 1-2 showing a hell of a lot more than I expect 3-0...

 

Which of the 3 teams do you think has the best chance of winning?

Which of the 3 teams do you think has the best chance of winning?

In order Cuse, Pitt and WVU...

Gonzaga is flat out a team that can beat a Cuse team without Onuaku. They have great size at every position and can shoot at a very high clip from deep over the zone. How they ended up a 9 seed is one of many mysteries in how this field was seeded.

 

Mizzou is exactly the type of team that gives Huggs problems. They put up a ton of points and really pressure the ball. WVU shoots at a very low clip, doesn't have even average guard play and they can't dominate the defensive glass if Mizzou is shooting at a high clip. Remember Mike Anderson knows Huggs style well from his time at UAB.

 

Pitt/X is as even a match up as you can get. The teams are almost a mirror image.

 

It could be 3-0 just as easily as it can be 0-3...

Man! Are you really trying to build up everyone of the Big East oppenents? Build them up before the remaining BE teams kill them, which is what the remaining BE teams should do to these teams, even with a 'Cuse injury.

Edited by rockmom
Fixed Quote

Man! Are you really trying to build up everyone of the Big East oppenents? Build them up before the remaining BE teams kill them, which is what the remaining BE teams should do to these teams, even with a 'Cuse injury.

 

Show me one point I'm wrong on in my assessment of any of those three teams. There is zero sandbagging in the fact all 3 remaining Big East teams face a serious test to make the Sweet 16...

I'd rank them Cuse/WV/Pitt.

Show me one point I'm wrong on in my assessment of any of those three teams. There is zero sandbagging in the fact all 3 remaining Big East teams face a serious test to make the Sweet 16...

 

Just like everyone else this time of year. This time of year, your going to play a champion in some respect.

Edited by Lucky Charms

Just like everyone else this time of year. This time of year, your going to play a champion in some respect.

This time of year is all about how you match up with your opponent. I don't see that favoring the 3 BE teams left on Sunday as heavily as you. Fair enough???

This time of year is all about how you match up with your opponent. I don't see that favoring the 3 BE teams left on Sunday as heavily as you. Fair enough???

 

I can agree if we are talking about 'Cuse and Pitt I guess. But for as much talk about the Big East, these two should move on past these two teams. Yes, they might have trouble, but they should survive.

 

And FWIW, GT I know you hear this ALOT, but I respect you opinion big time. But I guess I just don't see it the same way as you this time. :bunny:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.