Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Memphis Wins Appeal?!

Featured Replies

  • Author
Well, unfortunately, we don't have to wait until 9:00 a.m. for the answer.

 

I just talked to someone that knows and this rumor is absolutely false. We are likely looking at 2 more weeks before knowing anything.

 

I believe that is when it will be officially released. I read this elsewhere and then asked someone who is close to Memphis and he said he has heard the same thing, but didn't want to elaborate.

 

I am not saying it is entirely true, but would not be surprised if it is. That said, I posted this as rumor and nothing more.

  • Replies 37
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I believe that is when it will be officially released. I read this elsewhere and then asked someone who is close to Memphis and he said he has heard the same thing, but didn't want to elaborate.

 

I am not saying it is entirely true, but would not be surprised if it is. That said, I posted this as rumor and nothing more.

 

Let me put it this way, noone in the Memphis program knows about it.

 

I guess its plausible that someone at the NCAA could know a little more.

  • Author
Let me put it this way, noone in the Memphis program knows about it.

 

I guess its plausible that someone at the NCAA could know a little more.

 

No one? I just pm'd you Wireman.

  • Author

Wolken, the beat writer in Memphis, is saying it is false.

 

At this point, it is a "unconfirmed" rumor, but will soon be confirmed, in all likelihood.

I doubt it's true, bottom line Memphis and Cal cheated. UK fans hate to hear that and I'm sure I'll get bashed up and down for this, but if this was a Louisville final four, or a Duke Final Four. UK fans would be screaming up and down about how the NCAA needs to stick to their guns.

I found it on one site and it's just a member of that site saying he's heard it through a source.

 

No way to tell if this is true at all.

 

Catspause....cough cough.

I doubt it's true, bottom line Memphis and Cal cheated. UK fans hate to hear that and I'm sure I'll get bashed up and down for this, but if this was a Louisville final four, or a Duke Final Four. UK fans would be screaming up and down about how the NCAA needs to stick to their guns.

 

And you know this because your on the board for the NCAA?

And you know this because your on the board for the NCAA?

 

I don't know, I just have my doubts on it. How many times has Memphis had a chance to have it overturned already and not? After every failed appeal it just gets more unlikely in my opinion. The NCAA also isn't an organization that usually reverses it's decisions. I can't recall a single instance where the NCAA has given a team wins back, not saying they haven't, but it doesn't happen often. Even if the NCAA was the one on the wrong.

The NCAA also isn't an organization that usually reverses it's decisions. I can't recall a single instance where the NCAA has given a team wins back, not saying they haven't, but it doesn't happen often. Even if the NCAA was the one on the wrong.

 

As a UK fan I would hope you are wrong, but the quote from you above is 100% correct. I can't ever remember the NCAA reversing course, especially not on something major like this. To me, they would rather lose credibility in perception than making a switch and losing it in reality.

I don't know, I just have my doubts on it. How many times has Memphis had a chance to have it overturned already and not? After every failed appeal it just gets more unlikely in my opinion. The NCAA also isn't an organization that usually reverses it's decisions. I can't recall a single instance where the NCAA has given a team wins back, not saying they haven't, but it doesn't happen often. Even if the NCAA was the one on the wrong.

 

:confused: Isn't this still the first and only appeal thats been filed?

:confused: Isn't this still the first and only appeal thats been filed?

 

I think it's technically the only appeal, but it's already been before a few boards that could have reversed the decision already. Kind of like the court system you appeal to the Court of Appeals before the Supreme Court.

I doubt it's true, bottom line Memphis and Cal cheated. UK fans hate to hear that and I'm sure I'll get bashed up and down for this, but if this was a Louisville final four, or a Duke Final Four. UK fans would be screaming up and down about how the NCAA needs to stick to their guns.

 

 

So you have convicted Cal of cheating but the NCAA did not? On what basis may I ask? :confused:

I doubt it's true, bottom line Memphis and Cal cheated. UK fans hate to hear that and I'm sure I'll get bashed up and down for this, but if this was a Louisville final four, or a Duke Final Four. UK fans would be screaming up and down about how the NCAA needs to stick to their guns.

 

Duke was as guilty of playing an illegal player in the final four as Memphis was.............and I don't believe either should have their wins erased.:ohbrother:

Duke was as guilty of playing an illegal player in the final four as Memphis was.............and I don't believe either should have their wins erased.:ohbrother:

 

:thumb:

 

Many were screaming on here that if Memphis lost their wins than Duke should as well. Consistency would be nice.

So you have convicted Cal of cheating but the NCAA did not? On what basis may I ask? :confused:

 

:lol: :thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.