February 25, 201016 yr Matt "the Beast" Pilgrim has been suspended at Oklahoma State for a violation of team rules... :taz:
February 25, 201016 yr I had seen this earlier on ESPN, I wonder what Pilgrim did, he might have been talking too much about how he use to dominate UK's practices last year :sssh:
February 25, 201016 yr Author I don't know, but I'm sure there were reasons why Calipari chose to urge him elsewhere.
February 25, 201016 yr I'm watching the game now and just heard this. Last time I saw OK St. Pilgrim & (former UK Recruit) Marshall Moses got into it on the bench during a timeout.
February 25, 201016 yr I'm out here in Stillwater currently. I will see what I can dig up for ya'll tomorrow around the lunch table lol.
February 25, 201016 yr Pilgrim was probably schooling everyone at practice so hard that he had to be stopped somehow, and suspending him was the only means available.
February 25, 201016 yr Author Pilgrim was probably schooling everyone at practice so hard that he had to be stopped somehow, and suspending him was the only means available. Intramural basketball will never be the same after this :ylsuper:
February 25, 201016 yr You all keep making jokes about people saying how great he did in practice for UK. However before this suspension, he really did start playing really well for OSU. I think we have definitely seen he would have been better to keep than Josh Harrellson.
February 25, 201016 yr I don't know, but I'm sure there were reasons why Calipari chose to urge him elsewhere. I don't know about that. Its not like Coach Cal had got to know him for awhile. If I remember correctly didn't have end up straining his hamstring, and couldn't practice much when Coach Cal was evaluating the talent on the team? That IMO is probably the main reason why he is not here. Harrellson probably shot lights out in practice when there was no defense, and Pilgrim was not able to practice.
February 25, 201016 yr I still don't know why UK fans seem to have a problem with Pilgrim. I don't know that he did anything during his time at UK to warrant the jokes about him constantly.
February 25, 201016 yr I still don't know why UK fans seem to have a problem with Pilgrim. I don't know that he did anything during his time at UK to warrant the jokes about him constantly. I do not think it is Pilgrim as much as it is making fun of UK fans pumping this guy up to be the next Karl Malone without ever seeing him play.
February 25, 201016 yr Pilgrim is averaging 17.6 minutes 7.7 points 6.8 rebounds Not a superstar but a solid contributor.
February 25, 201016 yr I do not think it is Pilgrim as much as it is making fun of UK fans pumping this guy up to be the next Karl Malone without ever seeing him play. And that's likely the case... But they're still making fun of Pilgrim in the process, whether they mean to or not.
February 25, 201016 yr I like Pilgrim's game and he continues to get better. I honestly think he could have played at UK. Maybe not starter minutes, but he is probably better than PS or Harrellson.
February 25, 201016 yr Pilgrim is averaging 17.6 minutes 7.7 points 6.8 rebounds Not a superstar but a solid contributor. He definitely started putting stronger games together here of late, before he got suspended. I like Pilgrim's game and he continues to get better. I honestly think he could have played at UK. Maybe not starter minutes, but he is probably better than PS or Harrellson. I wouldn't have wanted to see us get rid of Perry Stevenson, just because I don't like sending a senior on his way. But Pilgrim definitely had more upside than both Stevenson and Harrelson.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.