Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who Should The Bengals Go Get?

Featured Replies

There seems to be a lot of unhappy people about who the Bengals just got in Matt Jones, and who they are looking at. People seem to think that they can get other guys who are free agents, who are the same talent level and could do the same as those guys but are better people. So what players out there do you think the Bengals could honestly get? Lets remember we are talking about the Bengals, so they won't go after a Peppers or a Marshall just because money probably. Even if they did, there is no guarntee those guys would even come here.

 

So knowing that the Bengals wouldn't probably get a Marshall or a Peppers. What guys do you think the Bengals should have went after and got to help fill the needs that they have? Remember improving the passing game is their biggest need. So who out there could they possibly get that would help them out better or the same as getting a TO, and Matt Jones?

  • Replies 62
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know how much it would help but I wouldn't mind signing TO. I think he's got a little left in the tank.

  • Author
I don't know how much it would help but I wouldn't mind signing TO. I think he's got a little left in the tank.

 

I wouldn't mind it at all, I know I hope they do. Since they probably won't even try for Marshall, even though I wish they would.

Sounds like Dave Rayner will take Graham's job. WR FA's you have T.O. and Antonio Bryant the 'big' names. I think it just depends if they wanna take a receiver or TE at #1.

  • Author
Sounds like Dave Rayner will take Graham's job. WR FA's you have T.O. and Antonio Bryant the 'big' names. I think it just depends if they wanna take a receiver or TE at #1.

 

From the sounds of things. They would be have to take a WR a lot earlier than he should go at their spot if they take a WR in round one. That is why I think they should just sign TO, and then take a TE in round one. Hopefully it would be the TE from Oklahoma if he is still there.

I hear Maurice Clarett is up for an early release from prison. Maybe he can catch some passes out of the backfield?

 

I'm just kidding FC. Had to lighten the mood.

I'm no a Bengals fan, but I like the Matt Jones signing. The guy can play. I mean I know he had the whole snow incident, but he can catch the ball. Will be very nice in the slot.

  • Author
I hear Maurice Clarett is up for an early release from prison. Maybe he can catch some passes out of the backfield?

 

I'm just kidding FC. Had to lighten the mood.

 

Bring him in, and give him a shot....:D:jump:

I think they got the missing piece for a Super Bowl run already. No need to get anyone else.

I think they got the missing piece for a Super Bowl run already. No need to get anyone else.

 

Did they sign a new offensive coordinator ?:lol::laugh: Hopefully it is Hernandez with the first pick ..:thumb:

They are pretty stout on D Line, so signing Peppers wouldn't make sense. They need WR's. They can't afford Marshall, so I'd draft a TE and WR in the first two rounds and sign TO.

I just don't understand the thought process of drafting a TE in the first or second round. First of all, they drafted the #1 TE in college football last year and I think it would be worth finding out if he's worth anything before considering him a bust. He is supposed to be a terrific pass receiver. Secondly, it wouldn't matter if the Bengals had Shannon Sharpe, Kellen Winslow, and Ozzie Newsome on their roster. The Bengals haven't meaningfully used a TE in the passing game since Dan Ross. Unless there's a huge change in philosophy, the TE is an after-thought in their passing scheme and there's no reason to use a top pick on a position the Bengals apparently don't view as all that valuable.

I would try to trade a draft pick for one of Wash TE's. I'd try to deal CJ and pick up Marshall (If I'm going to have a head case I'm going to have one that produces and is in his prime) or Jennings. I'd go after Bryant or Berry in the draft although they might not have the fire power to get either of those 2 safeties.

If the Bengals added Bryant, Marshall and 1 of the 2 TE's from Washington they would be scary next year. If they got Marshall or Jennings with a TE from Wash with a stud safety they would be a lot better too. I don't know that they have the fire power to get either of those two guys though.

How good would: Palmer...Benson...Davis/Marshall/Bryant look! Not going to happen but fun to dream.

How good would: Palmer...Benson...Davis/Marshall/Bryant look! Not going to happen but fun to dream.

 

Well if you can dream..

 

How good would Palmer...Benson...Andre Johnson/Randy Moss/Larry Fitzgerald look. :ylsuper:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.