February 15, 201016 yr I would try to trade a draft pick for one of Wash TE's. I'd try to deal CJ and pick up Marshall (If I'm going to have a head case I'm going to have one that produces and is in his prime) or Jennings. I'd go after Bryant or Berry in the draft although they might not have the fire power to get either of those 2 safeties. If the Bengals added Bryant, Marshall and 1 of the 2 TE's from Washington they would be scary next year. If they got Marshall or Jennings with a TE from Wash with a stud safety they would be a lot better too. I don't know that they have the fire power to get either of those two guys though. Greg Jennings? Didn't he just sign a new deal with GB this past year? Driver is getting on up in years so I couldn't imagine they'd want to part with him (assuming that's who you are talking about).
February 15, 201016 yr Well if you can dream.. How good would Palmer...Benson...Andre Johnson/Randy Moss/Larry Fitzgerald look. :ylsuper: If we are dreaming that big then Benson would be out for sure :lol:. Marshall is on the market. Wash has 2 TE's (Davis/Cooley). Getting Bryant/Berry would be the toughest part but possibly doable if they were willing to package Johnson. I'd be happy to deal him and swap 1st rounders with Wash for Davis. Might have to deal a later pick too. Is Larry Johnson available to deal? If so I'd put him in there too. Take the free money and throw it at B. Marshall who is a top 5-10 talent and in his prime. G. Jennings is free this year pretty sure. Could be wrong I haven't seen the list in a long time.
February 15, 201016 yr I for one don't really want Peppers for what his price would be. I think the jury is out on him. He's not the old Peppers I don't think. Dummerville + Van Don Bosh are better IMO. I don't think Kyle will get out of Tenn though. If they are going to spend big money I'd rather see it on Marshall then send CJ to Wah for a TE and swap picks.
February 15, 201016 yr Has Arz paid Boldin yet? That is another guy I would like to see them go after that they might have the potential to land.
February 15, 201016 yr Has Arz paid Boldin yet? That is another guy I would like to see them go after that they might have the potential to land. I heard Miami for him.
February 15, 201016 yr Well if you can dream.. How good would Palmer...Benson...Andre Johnson/Randy Moss/Larry Fitzgerald look. :ylsuper: Might as well throw in Vernon Davis ,Dallas Clark or Antonio Gates !!!!:thumb::banana:
February 15, 201016 yr I just don't understand the thought process of drafting a TE in the first or second round. First of all, they drafted the #1 TE in college football last year and I think it would be worth finding out if he's worth anything before considering him a bust. He is supposed to be a terrific pass receiver. Secondly, it wouldn't matter if the Bengals had Shannon Sharpe, Kellen Winslow, and Ozzie Newsome on their roster. The Bengals haven't meaningfully used a TE in the passing game since Dan Ross. Unless there's a huge change in philosophy, the TE is an after-thought in their passing scheme and there's no reason to use a top pick on a position the Bengals apparently don't view as all that valuable. If Coffman was that good why did we not use him last year (was he hurt or what )? He was a terrific pass catcher in a wide open offense no back most of the time .I hope I am wrong and hope if we don't draft a TE that he is all world ; but if we don't draft one and he is a bust it is another year of Coats and Kelly . Bengals may not use one that much but if you are going to be an elete team you must have a quality TE for exmple Indy ,New Orleans has 2 , Pittsburgh and Philly if you are an upper quality team you have an excellent TE.:ohbrother::ohbrother:
February 15, 201016 yr If Coffman was that good why did we not use him last year (was he hurt or what )? He was a terrific pass catcher in a wide open offense no back most of the time .I hope I am wrong and hope if we don't draft a TE that he is all world ; but if we don't draft one and he is a bust it is another year of Coats and Kelly . Bengals may not use one that much but if you are going to be an elete team you must have a quality TE for exmple Indy ,New Orleans has 2 , Pittsburgh and Philly if you are an upper quality team you have an excellent TE.:ohbrother::ohbrother: Coffman was hurt last year. So were Reggie Kelley and Ben Utecht. The Bengals were using their 4th and 5th options at TE last year, and it showed.:lol:
February 15, 201016 yr Coffman was hurt last year. So were Reggie Kelley and Ben Utecht. The Bengals were using their 4th and 5th options at TE last year, and it showed.:lol: So we have never seen Coffman play ,Utecht is probably 95 prercent retired and we have seen the best of Kelly for the last 3 or 4 years and not impressed with him . So I still say Hernandez in the first round but this is just my opinion, I have wanted a quality TE in the draft for the last 4 drafts .:cry::cry: lol
February 15, 201016 yr So we have never seen Coffman play ,Utecht is probably 95 prercent retired and we have seen the best of Kelly for the last 3 or 4 years and not impressed with him . So I still say Hernandez in the first round but this is just my opinion, I have wanted a quality TE in the draft for the last 4 drafts .:cry::cry: lol I agree, I've wanted them to draft one too. But I just can't see using a 1st round pick on a TE unless they are a gurantee to be better than Kelley. And like you said, their's Coffman too. Will Hernandez have the size to be a run blocking TE in the NFL? He seemed to be more of an H-back at UF.
February 15, 201016 yr Did they sign a new offensive coordinator ?:lol::laugh: Hopefully it is Hernandez with the first pick ..:thumb: You hit the nail on the head here. As long as they have Mr. Predictable calling the shots on offense this team will never go deep into the playoffs. When will Marvin wake up and realize his offensive play calling is horrible!!
February 15, 201016 yr The Bengal's team philosophy is changing, and they have completely flip-flopped from 3 years ago. Partially as a result of their strengths and current personnel - good defense, good running game; partially due to their weakness - Palmer's health and current ability, sub-average WR's. Their shortcomings at TE really limit the ball-control strategy. TE is absolutely their biggest area of need. Given the right player, it would improve their passing game more and quicker than a first round WR. I like Coffman, but he's not a true 3 down TE which we desperately need. Due to his ankle and elbow injuries, Palmer is not the QB he once was. He can no longer effectively or accurately throw deep or sideline patterns. I believe even Bratkowski has been forced to evolve. Even if Coffman works out, we still need another option in the middle of the field. I believe Gresham more than Hernandez fits that bill to address the Bengal's biggest area of need.
February 15, 201016 yr I'm willing to take our chances with Reggie Kelly & Chase Coffman. Kelly is a good blocker & Palmer loves him, so he'll be back (assuming he's healthy.) I think we take a safety, offensive lineman or linebacker with our #1 pick. I'd love to see the Bengals take Myron Rolle with their 2nd pick & convert him to safety. TE is a need, but I think Kelly & Coffman will suffice. I'm at least willing to give Coffman a shot. A TE in Round 2 would be better. I hope we don't take a TE or a WR in Round 1. Although some on here have labeled Golden Tate as a "once in a lifetime WR", I don't think any of the WR's are worth a first round pick, with the exception of MAYBE Dez Bryant.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.