February 11, 201016 yr Officiating has been horrible but an official hasn't really cost a team any game this season. Teams win and lose games on their own and sometimes they don't get breaks but no reason to blame a loss on a ref. UConn should have had possession in a tie game with the shot clock turned off. The officials decided to give it back to Syracuse. Pretty good reason to blame it on the refs.
February 11, 201016 yr Officiating has been horrible but an official hasn't really cost a team any game this season. Teams win and lose games on their own and sometimes they don't get breaks but no reason to blame a loss on a ref. I disagree to an extent. There is some truth to the statement that one play shouldn't change the outcome of the game, but if you have a game that coming down to a last possession and the officials take a possession away from one team, that is a major disadvantage. It's one thing to not get any breaks - it's another thing when a call is just plain missed, then reviewed and missed twice. There are 4 games that I can think of that the outcome may have been different based on the officials. That is just unacceptable, IMO.
February 11, 201016 yr The timeout call was horrible. Doesn't matter when Boeheim says it, it matters when the referees signals - and he hadn't signaled when the ball had already left the shooter's hand. Many argue that only players should be allowed to call timeouts and not coaches. I'm not sure if I agree with that, but tonight was a very good example as to why that would be a good rule. That was one of the worst calls I have ever seen! The refs totally blew it and should have looked at the moniter and reversed it. No excuse at all.
February 11, 201016 yr That was one of the worst calls I have ever seen! The refs totally blew it and should have looked at the moniter and reversed it. No excuse at all. It wasn't a reviewable call by rule...
February 11, 201016 yr That was one of the worst calls I have ever seen! The refs totally blew it and should have looked at the moniter and reversed it. No excuse at all. Cahill is a joke for an official. He is flat out terrible. :irked:
February 11, 201016 yr It wasn't a reviewable call by rule... They did go to the monitor and took a long look. Would they have taken the time to go to the monitor if it wasn't reviewable? They got it wrong, either way.
February 11, 201016 yr It wasn't a reviewable call by rule... Hasn't seemed to stop them this year...:lol:
February 11, 201016 yr They did go to the monitor and took a long look. Would they have taken the time to go to the monitor if it wasn't reviewable? They got it wrong, either way. I'm pretty sure that the only reason that they were allowed to go to the monitor due to this situation is to see how much time should be on the game clock and shot clock.
February 11, 201016 yr Officiating has been horrible but an official hasn't really cost a team any game this season. Teams win and lose games on their own and sometimes they don't get breaks but no reason to blame a loss on a ref. I suppose I agree to a certain point with what you say. It's the timing of the calls, though. Missed calls are made throughout any game, but when one is missed in the last seconds, that is huge. That last call was totally wrong, and I'd say the ref will see just how bad it was after he reviews the film of this game. His call made the difference in the game. UConn should have had the ball back with the game tied. That doesn't mean they would have won it, but they still earned that opportunity.
February 11, 201016 yr I'm pretty sure that the only reason that they were allowed to go to the monitor due to this situation is to see how much time should be on the game clock and shot clock. :thumb:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.