Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Teams UK has losing record against all-time

Featured Replies

My dad and I were talking the other day (we've had this conversation a million times) about which teams Kentucky has an all-time losing record against. There are several closed schools, YMCAs, and Division III teams that Kentucky will never play and thus aren't listed here. But wouldn't it make sense to schedule these teams in the next couple years, beat them, and close down the number of teams with winning records against UK?

 

Anyway, here is the list. Any surprises? Anybody remember some of these losses?

 

Alabama-Birmingham (2-3)

Arizona (2-3)

Cornell (0-1)

Gardner-Webb (0-1)

Georgetown (0-2)

Memphis (0-1)

Middle Tennessee State (0-1)

North Carolina (11-21)

Saint Louis (8-9)

San Diego (0-1)

Southern California (0-3)

UTEP (0-1)

You schedule teams that will make you better come March, not teams that you have a losing record against.

Gardner Webb @ Home 2007

Memphis in Maui 2007

San Diego @ Home 2007

UTEP in 66 Title game

USC 2001 in Sweet 16

  • Author
You schedule teams that will make you better come March, not teams that you have a losing record against.

 

I understand that. But why not replace the UNC-Ashevilles, Drexels, and Hartfords with some of these teams? They're just teams on a schedule.

 

By the way, this thread is meant in good fun, not to discuss the pros and cons of solid schedule preparation!:thumb:

I understand that. But why not replace the UNC-Ashevilles, Drexels, and Hartfords with some of these teams? They're just teams on a schedule.

 

By the way, this thread is meant in good fun, not to discuss the pros and cons of solid schedule preparation!:thumb:

 

I wasn't taking a shot at you, just making a point. I don't care who we play as long as it makes us better as a team :thumb:

 

I'd love to see some of the teams on that list scheduled. I think scheduling is much more complicated than most of us realize though.

  • Author
I'd love to see some of the teams on that list scheduled. I think scheduling is much more complicated than most of us realize though.

 

I'm sure of that. I'd say most is done 1-2 years in advance. And of course TV has a major say in much of it.

 

I think the biggest surpise on this list was the 8-9 record against Saint Louis. Who woulda thunk it?!

UTEP (0-1)

 

Texas Western at the time.

Left out Cincinnati YMCA

Would love to see us schedule Georgetown. Not one of my favorite teams.

There are several closed schools, YMCAs, and Division III teams that Kentucky will never play and thus aren't listed here.

 

Left out Cincinnati YMCA

 

 

:isurrender:

UAB would be a good schedule pick up right now, same with Memphis. I'm surprised Cal hasn't tried to already get something going with Memphis to help Memphis out and to help out his old friend that coaches there now.

I'm sure of that. I'd say most is done 1-2 years in advance. And of course TV has a major say in much of it.

 

I think the biggest surpise on this list was the 8-9 record against Saint Louis. Who woulda thunk it?!

 

St. Louis actually used to be a decent enough program. The last time UK lost to them (80-75 in 1964), St. Louis was ranked #10 in the nation and UK #8. UK was also just 3-3 at St. Louis, and of course would never set foot in their home these days. The two teams have only met once since 1966, that being a second round game in the NCAA in 1998.

The 5 straight wins UNC got in the series before this year was enough to make me believe UK will never catch them.

UAB would be a good schedule pick up right now, same with Memphis. I'm surprised Cal hasn't tried to already get something going with Memphis to help Memphis out and to help out his old friend that coaches there now.

 

I am sure that it would benefit Memphis financially and in the experience level, but I don't think that they want anything to do with Coach Calipari or the Kentucky Wildcats at the moment.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.