Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Teams UK has losing record against all-time

Featured Replies

I am sure that it would benefit Memphis financially and in the experience level, but I don't think that they want anything to do with Coach Calipari or the Kentucky Wildcats at the moment.

 

I would think that's why the Memphis fans would actually want the game, show Cal they can beat Kentucky. But your right last time I picked up the Commercial Appeal the hate for Cal was pretty high.

Yes,I remember just about all of them from 1964 to now. I don't like losing,but I know its part of life.

I have seen many of these losses.

 

I was surprised at our 8-9 record against St. Louis.

 

I don't recall playing them this many times. Must have been before my time which is long ago.

Edited by strongopenyon

Gardner Webb @ Home 2007

Memphis in Maui 2007

San Diego @ Home 2007

UTEP in 66 Title game

USC 2001 in Sweet 16

 

Memphis was in 2006.

I have seen many of these losses.

 

I was surprised at our 8-9 record against St. Louis.

 

I don't recall playing them this many times. Must have been before my time which is long ago.

I just checked the record.

 

Coach Rupp had an awful time with St. Louis in the early 1960's, losing 5 out of 6 games.

I would think that's why the Memphis fans would actually want the game, show Cal they can beat Kentucky. But your right last time I picked up the Commercial Appeal the hate for Cal was pretty high.

 

Memphis has arguably the #1 recruiting class for 2010-2011. They may entertain this matchup sooner than some might think. Their young head coach can flat out recruit talent.

I just checked the record.

 

Coach Rupp had an awful time with St. Louis in the early 1960's, losing 5 out of 6 games.

 

One of the funnier stories I read about that rivalry was when UK went to St Louis and played in the '53-'54 season. UK beat them but at the end of each quarter the time keeper fired a gun to end the time. He kept firing it close to Harry Lancaster's leg each time and at the end of the 3rd Quarter he and Lancaster got into a fight when he did it again after Lancaster told him "if you shoot that near my leg again I will knock you on your ___." I read that Harry did just that.

 

BTW, the time keeper was the son of the coach at St Louis. :lol:

  • Author
My dad and I were talking the other day (we've had this conversation a million times) about which teams Kentucky has an all-time losing record against. There are several closed schools, YMCAs, and Division III teams that Kentucky will never play and thus aren't listed here. But wouldn't it make sense to schedule these teams in the next couple years, beat them, and close down the number of teams with winning records against UK?

 

Anyway, here is the list. Any surprises? Anybody remember some of these losses?

 

Alabama-Birmingham (2-3)

Arizona (2-3)

Cornell (0-1)

Gardner-Webb (0-1)

Georgetown (0-2)

Memphis (0-1)

Middle Tennessee State (0-1)

North Carolina (11-21)

Saint Louis (8-9)

San Diego (0-1)

Southern California (0-3)

UTEP (0-1)

 

Looks like Kentucky will have the opportunity tonight to even up one of these losing records. Cornell has spent 44 years on the "we lead the series with UK" list. Tonight will be their last night there!

Looks like Kentucky will have the opportunity tonight to even up one of these losing records. Cornell has spent 44 years on the "we lead the series with UK" list. Tonight will be their last night there!

 

Hopefully. I'm getting more nervous by the minute about this game. I hope UK gets the Miller that played so good against Wake too.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.