Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Undercover Boss

Featured Replies

I definitely think that the people they picked out were staged for the most part. The young lady bringing out the letter to the garbage truck driver seemed staged too, but what I really thought was awesome and not staged at all was at the end when he met the people in the office. And it wasn't staged when he brought in the managers of the individuals.

 

You could see how happy they were, and how scared the managers were. There is no way that was staged at all. That wasn't acting.

 

I thought it was a good show. I'm interested to see the Hooters next week.

 

I bet! :laugh:

I watched a little bit of this while at a friend's house. I'm sorry, but people don't just out of the blue invite new co-workers/perfect strangers home for dinner like that. And even if she was nice enough to do such a thing, she's not going to go pouring out her entire life story to this stranger like that. I have a hard time believing that gal was clueless about who the guy was. It all seemed too perfect.
Love the avatar!
That was the one thing that bothered me about the show. Who does something like that? I think, even if it wasn't staged, at least a couple of those people had to be smart enough to figure out what was going on. That being said, I really liked the show, and look forward to the next episode.

 

It bothers you that someone may have been nice enough to invite a new employee into her home for dinner?

 

Her living situation says a lot about her type of personality. It is not too far-fetched to me.

I avoid all the reality TV like the plague, but watched this one and thoroughly enjoyed it. I was certain that Randy was going to buy that woman's house for her!

If nothing else, maybe some people in upper management positions will watch and see the impact their day-to-day decisions have on 'the little people'.

It bothers you that someone may have been nice enough to invite a new employee into her home for dinner?

 

Her living situation says a lot about her type of personality. It is not too far-fetched to me.

Please re-read. I said it bothered me "about the show." I couldn't care less if one person invites another to dinner. :rolleyes:

 

Regardless, it's absolutely ludicrous to believe someone would just happen to invite a total stranger into their home like that and then just happen to talk about all their problems and their working conditions. Sorry, just doesn't pass the plausibility test.

I bet! :laugh:

 

I'm sure part of him wants to watch because it's Hooters. However, his main reason might be to see the CEO's reaction to the manager's "reindeer games". It looks like someone might have picked the wrong day to play his little game with the girls.

This has been a good show.

There's no rule that says everyone was in on the gag. She may have just figured it out on her own. She seems like a go-getter type; it's not inconceivable she would have recognized him from reading a company newsletter or some other such publication and just played along.

 

While many of us do pay attention to who is at the top of our particular organizations, not everyone does. When I was in WV, I had approxmately 100 employees. One of the Exec VPs who had been with the company for over 20 years and had his picture in many newsletters came to town. Several of my best employees had no idea who he was. They knew by the suit that he was 'important', but they weren't even sure if he was with our company, our client or a potential client. When I introduced him, they recognized the name, but the face did not mean anything to them. After he left, one of them joked to me "Well, I sure am glad I was nice to him."

 

I haven't watched the show, but have to admit that I really like the concept.

I think that it was pretty cool when the did the White Castle episode. Showed the Frozen Food Prodcut plant they have in NKY and also the White Castle in Covington.

Watched for the 1st time last night. Creator and CEO from GSI Commerce went undercover in the Richwood, and Louisville plants. Really good show.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.