Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Undercover Boss

Featured Replies

Did anyone watch?

 

Thoughts or insights?

 

Here is a start.

 

1. To many big companies (the subject of so many threads) have C level execs who never get feedback directly or even indirectly from the field. They are isolated. The manage the numbers that appear on a spreadsheet and not the overall business and lose focus on the human side of the business.

 

2. The woman who was working 4 jobs indicated an interesting source of financial hardship - the government. Her comment on tax assesment being raised shows how big government with big taxes creates hardship on the little people.

I watched it and loved it. I noticed the guy at the recycling plant seemed to have no personality and seemed to not care what the CEO had to say.

Loved it when the guy picking up the trash told "Randy" he didn't have what it takes to do this job. :lol: The guy that cleaned the porta-potties had a great personality, glad he got promoted. Very interesting show.

I thought the premise of the show was good, but I don't see how it wasn't staged.

I thought the premise of the show was good, but I don't see how it wasn't staged.

 

I watched a little bit of this while at a friend's house. I'm sorry, but people don't just out of the blue invite new co-workers/perfect strangers home for dinner like that. And even if she was nice enough to do such a thing, she's not going to go pouring out her entire life story to this stranger like that. I have a hard time believing that gal was clueless about who the guy was. It all seemed too perfect.

I watched a little bit of this while at a friend's house. I'm sorry, but people don't just out of the blue invite new co-workers/perfect strangers home for dinner like that. And even if she was nice enough to do such a thing, she's not going to go pouring out her entire life story to this stranger like that. I have a hard time believing that gal was clueless about who the guy was. It all seemed too perfect.

 

My guess is that it came about because it was being filmed for whatever reasons she was given.

 

I thought it was legit.

I watched a little bit of this while at a friend's house. I'm sorry, but people don't just out of the blue invite new co-workers/perfect strangers home for dinner like that. And even if she was nice enough to do such a thing, she's not going to go pouring out her entire life story to this stranger like that. I have a hard time believing that gal was clueless about who the guy was. It all seemed too perfect.

 

I said the same thing. I think she definitely suspected something was up.

I watched a little bit of this while at a friend's house. I'm sorry, but people don't just out of the blue invite new co-workers/perfect strangers home for dinner like that. And even if she was nice enough to do such a thing, she's not going to go pouring out her entire life story to this stranger like that. I have a hard time believing that gal was clueless about who the guy was. It all seemed too perfect.

 

If so then why did the manager that was docking them 2 minutes for every minute late not even make an attempt to come meet this new worker which "Randy" called him out on?

If so then why did the manager that was docking them 2 minutes for every minute late not even make an attempt to come meet this new worker which "Randy" called him out on?

 

There's no rule that says everyone was in on the gag. She may have just figured it out on her own. She seems like a go-getter type; it's not inconceivable she would have recognized him from reading a company newsletter or some other such publication and just played along.

There's no rule that says everyone was in on the gag. She may have just figured it out on her own. She seems like a go-getter type; it's not inconceivable she would have recognized him from reading a company newsletter or some other such publication and just played along.

 

I wondered how many of the employees might actually recognize the guy. I guess its possible but I still say she didn't figure it out.

I watched a little bit of this while at a friend's house. I'm sorry, but people don't just out of the blue invite new co-workers/perfect strangers home for dinner like that. And even if she was nice enough to do such a thing, she's not going to go pouring out her entire life story to this stranger like that. I have a hard time believing that gal was clueless about who the guy was. It all seemed too perfect.
That was the one thing that bothered me about the show. Who does something like that? I think, even if it wasn't staged, at least a couple of those people had to be smart enough to figure out what was going on. That being said, I really liked the show, and look forward to the next episode.
I wondered how many of the employees might actually recognize the guy. I guess its possible but I still say she didn't figure it out.

 

Here is my thought, it has to be staged. How would it "just so happen" that he stumble upon these people who have a sad story, or who are encouraging individuals. Like most "reality" tv I say it is staged.

 

But even with that being said, I still find the show interesting. Even if it is staged it shows upper level management working in the trenches of their company and issues that are faced by their employees class every day.

 

I thought it could be real until the dinner scene.

Here is my thought, it has to be staged. How would it "just so happen" that he stumble upon these people who have a sad story, or who are encouraging individuals. Like most "reality" tv I say it is staged.

 

But even with that being said, I still find the show interesting. Even if it is staged it shows upper level management working in the trenches of their company and issues that are faced by their employees class every day.

 

I thought it could be real until the dinner scene.

 

If you're talking about the "staged" part being that the workers were selected ahead of time because of a good story then I agree. I'm saying I don't think those selected were in on it.

I thought the premise of the show was good, but I don't see how it wasn't staged.

 

I definitely think that the people they picked out were staged for the most part. The young lady bringing out the letter to the garbage truck driver seemed staged too, but what I really thought was awesome and not staged at all was at the end when he met the people in the office. And it wasn't staged when he brought in the managers of the individuals.

 

You could see how happy they were, and how scared the managers were. There is no way that was staged at all. That wasn't acting.

 

I thought it was a good show. I'm interested to see the Hooters next week.

I thought it was a good show. I'd like to see that occur at my job.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.