February 5, 201016 yr Harangody abused Gates. 37 points and 14 rebounds. I only watched the first ten minutes or so but Harangody gets his first foul two minutes into the game and I told my son that if UC were smart they would go right at him the next few times down the court and try and get his second which would have probably sent him to the bench. I don't believe it happened as they fired up 3 pointers and Harangody, the one man team, destroys them.
February 5, 201016 yr I don't need a signature win to believe that an upset can happen. Sometimes the better teams just overlook their opponent and don't bring their best game and the lesser team can capitalize on it. Happens on the time. I'll concede that point and they finish 8-10 in the Big East and go to the NIT, where they may even play ND again.
February 5, 201016 yr Frankengody hit everything he threw at the rim. No surprise after Yancy dominated him in the win at UC... In the game at UC... Gody 14 pts 11 rebounds (5-20 FG but a lot of his misses got put back by ND ) Gates 11 pts 13 rebounds UC wins by 2 At ND Gody 37 pts 14 rebounds (15-25 FG) Gates 10 pts 6 rebounds ND by 18 To say Gates dominated one and Gody dominated the other... well let's just say only a UC fan would say that.
February 5, 201016 yr To say Gates dominated one and Gody dominated the other... well let's just say only a UC fan would say that. Did you watch the first game? It was likely the best defensive performance of Yancy's career as he pushed Frankengody around and didn't let him have anything in the paint. All he could do is settle for 20 foot jumpers that clanged off the rim over and over again. So yes, Yancy dominated him that game. Getting 10 rebounds that night wasn't too tough as both teams shot under 40%...
February 5, 201016 yr Funny because Mick has beaten every Hall Of Fame coach in the league with FAR inferior talent in his small sample size time at UC. The program has improved EVERY YEAR from a full restart. An awful coach would be at the bottom of the league every year. That hasn't happened, and the program has taken a step forward every season. I guess that is the true mark of a bad coach... :lol: Funny because I could also list all the bad coaches that Micks lost too also. You'll come back and say well if they are in the Big East then they aren't bad coaches. That maybe true, but mick has more talent than those teams. So talent should win those games right? But no. Not if you have a bad coach who doesn't use the talent wisely or doesn't prepare his team correctly. This team has size. They have strenght. They have couple shooters. They have scorers. They have huge potential on the block with Gates. They have what it takes to be good. But they aren't. They stink on Offense and they stink on Defense. They stink in tight game situations too. They got lucky at UCONN due to a bad foul call. Not a good set up play to win a game. They got lucky becaue ND didn't box out. They got what they deserved at St Johns. How many of these teams (Seton Hall, St Johns, ND, Pitt, UL) have 2 5star players on them and how many have senior guard who has been All Big East for most of his career? You can stand behind Mick all you want. Your a UC fan and thats your right. I agree that Mick won't be fired. But part of the problem is UC fans who don't realize Mick is a huge part of the problem. Why do you think Mick is so defensive on his radio show? Why do you think he keeps pointing blame on the players. A real coach should be pointing the finger at himself, and trying fix the problems.
February 5, 201016 yr Funny because I could also list all the bad coaches that Micks lost too also. You'll come back and say well if they are in the Big East then they aren't bad coaches. That maybe true, but mick has more talent than those teams. So talent should win those games right? But no. Not if you have a bad coach who doesn't use the talent wisely or doesn't prepare his team correctly. This team has size. They have strenght. They have couple shooters. They have scorers. They have huge potential on the block with Gates. They have what it takes to be good. But they aren't. They stink on Offense and they stink on Defense. They stink in tight game situations too. They got lucky at UCONN due to a bad foul call. Not a good set up play to win a game. They got lucky becaue ND didn't box out. They got what they deserved at St Johns. How many of these teams (Seton Hall, St Johns, ND, Pitt, UL) have 2 5star players on them and how many have senior guard who has been All Big East for most of his career? You can stand behind Mick all you want. Your a UC fan and thats your right. I agree that Mick won't be fired. But part of the problem is UC fans who don't realize Mick is a huge part of the problem. Why do you think Mick is so defensive on his radio show? Why do you think he keeps pointing blame on the players. A real coach should be pointing the finger at himself, and trying fix the problems. Out of those teams you mentioned, I'd say UofL, Seton Hall, ND and Pitt all have as much or more talent than UC.
February 5, 201016 yr Out of those teams you mentioned, I'd say UofL, Seton Hall, ND and Pitt all have as much or more talent than UC. Agreed...
February 5, 201016 yr I haven't seen Seton Hall play but as far as talent goes, I would take UC's over ND and Pitt without question.
February 5, 201016 yr What has happened to Stephenson? Did Mick put the reigns on him? He's no longer attacking the basket, and he's constantly standing around the perimeter. As for Mick, I'm not a huge fan. Yes, I give him credit for everything he's done so far. He started out in a deep hole, and he's finally reached the surface. However, IMO, he'll never lead UC out of the middle of the pack.
February 5, 201016 yr What has happened to Stephenson? Did Mick put the reigns on him? He's no longer attacking the basket, and he's constantly standing around the perimeter. He has a very tender ankle and an ab strain that is really slowing him down right now...
February 5, 201016 yr I'm not sure how much I'm betting on Syracuse Sunday but a lot doesn't describe it well enough. Stephenson hurting, Gates hit or miss, struggles w/ a good long zone. It all adds up to UC pulling the shocker and getting a win.
February 5, 201016 yr I am a big UC fan. I don't have any confidence in Cronin ever getting over the hump and getting UC back to a top 25/ top 5-6 in the Big East. I predict the annual last season swoon. I hope I am wrong. BTW UC is behind Depaul in average attendance in the Big East. Depaul?
February 5, 201016 yr Don't get on the Bearcats too bad. Didn't both UK and UL get beat soundly the last time they ventured into the Joyce Center?
February 5, 201016 yr BTW UC is behind Depaul in average attendance in the Big East. Depaul? How many games have you been to this season???
February 6, 201016 yr How many games have you been to this season??? 5. Does that qualify me to make a comment on how poor UC's attendance is?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.